29

I got home and dropped to the floor. Exhausted. I was still on some drugs from the hospital but I was ready to see Ray. I only seen furniture and Crys.

"Crys? What are you doing here?" I asked sitting next to her on the couch.

"Oh Ray called and said she had to leave real quick so I came to make sure your furniture got taken care of. She hasn't been back for hours though." She explained shaking her head. I sighed and looked around. The paint got done and the floors got cleaned. Weird? Nahh.

"I guess I'll try calling her later. How have you been?" I asked.

"I've been okay. I just have stuff on my mind right now." She said looking innocent. She always did have a babyface.

"Well you wanna talk about it?"

"Uhh sure. Don't go run off and tell Ray but I think I'm falling for you.." She stated catching me off guard.

"Hm that's interesting. I won't say anything to Ray. How do you know they're real feelings though?"

"You really want an explanation?"

"Yes I do."

"Well. You have this bomb ass mentality that is just sexy to me. The way you handle things. Your personality. You're tough as fuck but you do let people in still. Your eyes are gorgeous. Your tattoos are just damn. You're beautiful to me. Now don't go off but I feel that I could treat you a thousand times better than Ray can. I feel like you know that too." She explained looking at me.

I looked down and shook my head.

"I don't know or think that Crys. I think you should leave." I said. She sighed and got up to leave.

"Call me if you need me." She said before leaving. I got up and went to my room. I laid in bed and noticed that Ray's stuff was in the closet. She put her stuff in the closet? When she wasn't here? Whatever.

3 Hours Later

I woke up from a long nap and there was no sign of Ray. Where the fuck was my girlfriend? I grabbed my phone and dialed her number. I called almost 30 times before I got a text from her.

Wife: She's busy honey. Stop wasting your time.

I swear that almost blew my top. Ray was with another bitch. Okay then. Fuck her. I'll deal with her if she ever comes home. I plugged my phone into the speakers I ordered and started to play Freak by Lana Del Rey. Yeah I'm a thug and all but shit Lana's my mom.

I rolled a few blunts and sang along while thinking about Ray and what Crys told me. I really wanted to see my baby. But the fact that she might be cheating on me had me heartbroken.

I was so in my feelings that I forgot I was hungry. I finished off a blunt and I went outside with my keys in hand. I got in my car and was about to pull out when I noticed that Ray's car was still in the driveway.. Something was going on.

She was either with someone or something was wrong. I decided not to let my worries get the best of me and I drove to Wendy's. I got my high ass two 4 for $4's and a frosty. I was sitting down, just eating my food and scrolling through my timeline when Ray called me.

I immediately answered.

"Ray? Where the hell are you?!" I kind of yelled into the phone.

"I'm sorry. This isn't her. I found this phone on the side of the road and called. I found a dead body near the phone. I'm not sure if this is that person's phone but I just thought I should call someone." They explained. My heart just about stopped.

"Please tell me where you are right now." I said running out to my car.

"Corner of 8th and Jenkins."

"Thank you so much. I'm on my way." I hang up and sped off to the place he said. I must have been going too fast because I got pulled over by the cops. I was having a mental breakdown by the time they got to my window.

"License and Registration." I handed that to him and began to cry.

"Officer please let me go. I think my girlfriend might be dead and I need to see her." I explained wiping my face. He looked at me with sympathy and handed my stuff back.

"Go ahead. I'll follow behind." I nodded and waited for him to get back in his car before driving off. I got to 8th and Jenkins 5 minutes later with the cop right behind me. I ran up to the person holding her phone. They handed it to me and took me to where they found the body.

My heart..shattered. I dropped to my knees and held Ray's hand in mine. I was barely able to talk. My world was spinning. It all felt unreal. My eyes were blinded by tears and my heart didn't feel present anymore. Like it just completely checked out.

I kissed her cold forehead and squeezed her hand until I couldn't anymore. I looked at the cop for help who was calling for backup.

He helped me off the ground and took me up to the sidewalk. I sat there and knew I wouldn't be going anywhere until someone made me move. I was so caught up with thinking she was cheating, the thought that she might be in trouble because of the shit I was in back in Detroit never occurred to me.

"Ma'am is there someone I can call to take you to the station?" The officer asked. I got my phone out and found Bria's contact. Me and her were still friends unlike the others. I handed the phone to him and tried to calm myself down. Shit wasn't happening.

I felt like I was about to pass out. I didn't want to speak to anyone at all. I just wanted to know who the fuck killed my wife.