Chapter Three || Bury My Heart

____________________

They say that all wounds heal over time
But why does it feel like I could die
Bury my heart
So I won't hurt again
Oh, feels like I'm out at sea & I'm sinking
Crying for help but I'm by myself
Uh huh, I wish I could shake off this feeling
Doing my best but it's time like this
When I'm alone, I wanna pick up that phone
Say I, and say that I never wanna love you again - K Michelle
___________________

Kamille Riley Paige

"How is that beautiful baby girl of yours doing?" One of my loyal customers asked me as I finished my best and unique braiding pattern with her hair, prepping her for a hair extension install. It was a little after three in the afternoon and I was in the middle of my fourth head since this early morning. After dropping off Raegan at school, I came straight on down here and got to work on one of the things that I loved and adored doing the very most. Two installs and a curl set later and here I was, finishing up my last head of the day. I was tired, but money had to be made and bills had to be paid, there was no room for slacking, especially now that I was all on my own.

"She's doing really good, she actually should be here in the next few minutes or so." I told the middle aged woman and as if on cue, my little lady walked inside, with her father not too far behind her. He carried her backpack, so she was free handed and that only gave her the freedom to run over to where I stood like she hadn't seen me earlier. I wouldn't complain though as I placed the needle and thread down and vent to hug my pride and joy, while they both watched us.

A couple days had passed me by since I'd physically caught Raemond cheating on me with another girl in my bed and I had been broken up about it. After that day, whatever it was that we had was done and over with. For some reason since then, he has been trying to do better by Raegan, like that'll actually make me want to take him back. It took us to separate for him to be put in effort to be a father, which was pathetic, but I wouldn't complain about it. He'd be dealt his cards in due time, so I had nothing to even stress or worry about from this point forward. He'd get what he deserved in the end, Karma was a bitch, excuse my French.

"Mommy, I missed you today at scwool!" She said in excitement as her little baby arms wrapped around my neck and mine secured around her back. I smiled at her in joy and kissed the side of her cheek before releasing her from my grasp and standing up into my feet again.

"Hey baby girl, I missed you more. How was your day at school?" I asked her as I took the bags from Raemond's hands without uttering a single word to him, I had nothing to say right now. I didn't owe him anything, so I didn't know why he was still standing here in my place of business. He'd dropped our child off, so he could leave now, what else was left to say or do?

"It was so gweat mommy, we went outside, and, and, played on the playgwound." She said, stumbling over her words a little bit. I chuckled and shook my head as I handed her the backpack and bent down to her level once again. I brushed up her hair in the back of her head and kissed her cheek once again before speaking to her.

"That's good baby girl, I'm glad that you had fun at school. Mommy has to finish working right now, so take your things and go into the back to watch some cartoons until I'm done, okay? Mommy will only be a moment." I told her and she smiled and nodded. I gave her a high five and led her to the back where I had a little den area set up with a sofa, toys, and a big TV mounted up onto the wall so that Raegan would have stuff to do while I worked.