Welcome to Wendy's, How may I Help You?

We hiked about 10 miles through thick woods before we saw any sign of civilization. Every once in a while I would fall behind Matt, but a minute later he would slow his pace and wait for me to catch up. Finally, I couldn't walk any farther. I was exhausted and stressed, and I needed to sit down and think about what to do next.

But before I could do any of that, Matt comes sprinting towards me, his brown eyes wide with excitement. He has the biggest smile on his face.

Look at him. He's gone crazy. Why the heck would he be smiling right now!?!?

"There's a Wendy's AND a Starbucks up ahead, Chrissy!" he screams excitedly in face. He then runs around and jumps up and down.

I back away from him. Matt, you are seriously freaking me out.

"What in the world are you talking about?" I yell.

He stops his weird celebration dance and stares at me like I have three heads.

"What?!!??" I ask impatiently.

He still stares.

"Matt!"

"Come on, let's go!" he grabs my hand and starts running toward a small clearing in the middle of the trees. He is practically dragging me on the floor.

As I struggle to keep myself upright, a smell hits me.

Hamburgers and coffee beans?

That's when I see that the clearing has led us to a small parking lot. A building stands tall and alone right in the center. Cars are whizzing around and some people walk towards the building.

"Welcome to Wendy's!" Matt exclaims.

"And what is Wendy's?" I ask.

Matt just shakes his head. "You'll just have to come in and see."

He takes my hand, and I feel my heartbeat speed up and heat rush to my cheeks. It reminds me of what he said before the whole, um, bear incident.

Matt was gonna ask me out!

The thought makes me smile.

I was gonna say yes!

I then realize that we walked through the door of the building and are waiting in a long line. Matt awkwardly clears his throat.

"Christina, I'm gonna ask you a question."

"Okay! I say giddily.

YES! HE'S GONNA ASK ME TO BE HIS GIRLFRIEND!

"Christina, will you be my girlfriend?" he asks. He looks down at the ground but then looks back at me.

"Look, Chrissy, if you don't like me, just tell me. I will still help you with--" I cut off his nervous blabbering with a kiss. I can feel him smiling against my lips, and that makes me smile, too.

When he finally pulls away, I see everyone in the building staring at us.

"Can I take that as a yes?" he says with a smile.

"Yes!"

YES YES YES YES YES YES!

"Well then, I guess this will be our first date!" he wiggles his eyebrows at me.

"Ugh, my boyfriend is so embarrassing!"

"Well, my girlfriend is so adorable!"

He's about to kiss me again when someone loudly clears their throat. We are now at the front of the line and a teenage boy with zits on his forehead is standing behind a counter with a cash register on it.

O.MY.GOSS. THAT IS A HUGE ZIT!

"Um... Welcome to Wendy's, how may I help you?"

Stop staring as his forehead, Chris, you're freaking him out.

Matt steps up to him with a bright smile. "Well, I think I'll have a Baconater with a large fries and Dr. Pepper."

"Will that complete your--"

"Oh, and a twenty piece chicken nugget! And a chocolate Frosty!"

"Ok, will that complete your order?"

"Yes."

The boy behind the counter proceeded to get Matt's food. It was done within, like, 2 minutes!

What is this black magic?

After Matt handed over the money, it was my turn, I guess.

"Can I help who's next in line, please?"

Matt gives me a little shove. "That's you, Chris."

"Oh. Okay, what do I do?"

Matt let out a little sigh and walks up with me to the counter. He leans down and whispers to me, "What do you want to eat?"

"Um... do they have like a small hamburger? And French fries?"

"Yes they do, just watch me."

He looks up at Zit Boy and places my order.

"The lovely lady here will have a Junior bacon cheeseburger with a value fries, water, and a chocolate Frosty."

After paying and getting my food, which took even quicker than Matt's, we turn away from the counter.

Zit Boy yells after us, "Hey, you two!"

We turn around.

"No PDA, please!"

We just continue walking. When we finally find a table, I plop down in the chair.

I'm still confused about what this place is! How do they make the food so fast?!?

"Matt, how does this Wendy's place work? I am so confused?"

"It's called fast food, Chris. Have you seriously never heard of that back at the orphanage?"

"Nope," I say, "Never heard of it."

"Well that sucks, but at least you get to eat this greasy, delicious food with your favoritest guy in the world, right?"

I roll my eyes, "Yep! You're my favorite guy!"

"Of course I am! And you're my favorite girl!"

His face is getting closer and closer to mine.

"Matt! That kid said no PDA!"

"Yeah, I don't care."

A/N: OMG! THERE FINALLY TOGETHER! don't worry, this story isn't going to be all fluffy romance, theres still really crazy , dangerous adventures for Christina and Matt to go through together. and I am so so so sorry for the wait, I've been really busy lately and haven't been able to write :( but now im back so expect more updates, and hopefully longer chapters. Please  VOTE/COMMENT! every read, vote, and comment means the world to me!!!

THANKS FOR READING I LOVE YOUUUU ALLLL!!!!! -marierosa13 **Psalm 55:17**