the little things like a heartbeat

When we walking inside I looked at all the walls I had painted over the years.

With every room that I added on I would always paint the walls as a certain scenery. I first started doing this when I was sitting in one of my libraries.

I had a paint set sitting next to me. I had planned on placing it in the art room but when I walked passed one of the two libraries in my house I saw a book I had been looking for and wanted to continue reading. So instead of climbing the stairs and placing my art kit in the art room i had sat down in one of my comfy chairs and continued reading my book.

So yeah not that interesting of a story but hey it's the little things that make the big things happen.

"Did you paint these?" Elijah asked and I nodded my head while walking through the halls taking it all in. It had been a while sense I had been here.

I walked up the stair case that was in the corner of one of the sitting rooms and headed up stairs.

"Why are we here clara?" Elijah asked and I turned around so i was now walking backwards down another hall way.

"To get away from everything. To show you another side of me that most people don't know about. Just to be alone together. Though I think i need to turn on my phone or my brothers will be pretty angry." I said and pulled my phone out of pocket whole turning around to face forward before I ran into a wall. I pushed the power button and it started to turn on.

I felt Elijah grab my free hand and pulled me to a stop. I looked at him and he brought the back on my hand to his lips and gave a light kiss.

If I had a heart beat I think it would have skipped a beat from the way he wad looking at me.

But do I have a heartbeat? I asked myself and listened closely to my heart.

And yes there was a heart beat. But that did make sense, sort of because as long as you consume enough blood all of your organs should work perfectly fine.

I mean I still have to pee every once in a while so why wouldn't I have a heartbeat. Yes it was faint. But it was still there.

Out of curiosity I leaned closer to Elijah and placed my ear against his chest to hear a small heartbeat.

Though I must admit I was taking in his sent for I could stay right there forever if it meant I could just breathe him in. I closed my eyes and let my cheek graze his suit jacket that was soft and cold. I let out a small sigh and I he'd almost forgot the entire reason I was laying my head against him.

"Clara-" Elijah started to question me but I cut him off

"Shh." I said and listened even more to hear that it skipped a beat when I started talking. I placed my right hand on his chest and leaned in even more.

"What are you doing?" He asked and I grinned.

"I'm listening to your heartbeat." I said almost in a whisper and then pulled my head away. "Want to hear mine?" I asked with a grin on my face.

It's the little things that make my day.

The little things like a heartbeat.

Elijah looked at me amused but leaned in anyways to place his ear over my heart. When he pulled away I reached up and brushed some hair out of his face.

"I never know what to think when I'm with you." Elijah said and I smiled at him

"Then don't think." I said like it wad obvious and he let on a small chuckle. "Come on I want to show you my room." I pulled on his wrist and he followed after me.

"And what might that be?" He asked and there was a small second meaning to that sentence.

"I took a paint ball gun and shot the walls." I said getting excited. "It turned out awesome and I always wanted to show some one. But that would mean showing someone my special place. Which or course only you know about now. And just out of warning." I looked over my shoulder at him. "If you happen to tell someone about this I will make you die a slow painful death." I said with an innocent smile and sweet chirp to my voice.

It was almost like I was talking about kittens and sugar cookies not planing someone's death.

"Are you threatening me?" He asked even more amused.

"Yup. Totally." I said with sarcasm in my voice, and the next thing I knew I was pressed up against the wall and Elijah was leaning over me with a dangerous expression on his face that actually didn't scare me all that much, all it did was turn me on if I'm being honest.

"Not many people threaten me and survive." Elijah said with a dark tone in his voice and pinned my arms above my head.

Yup totally turn on, I thought.

Playing along I acted like I was trying to get out of his grasp and pulled forward but soon "gave up" and let out a huff falling back against the wall.

"And what exactly would you do to me Mr. Mikaelson?" I asked moving my face closet to his.

"Mm first I would do this." He said.

He leaned in and bit down on my neck with his vampire teeth.

"Then I would do this." He placed his lips on mine and still had his vampire teeth out while he bit down on my bottom lip.

"Oh the torture." I mocked when he pulled his lips away from mine.

"And you could do better?" He mocked and I grinned.

"Much." I said and pulled my hands out of his grasp and turned my head to the side then slipped under his arm then walked away. "How was that?" I asked over my shoulder and walked into my bed room.

Elijah let out a chuckle and followed after me. When he walked in behind me he looked around at all the different shades of blues, purples, and Grey's on the walls.

"It looks wonderful, I didn't know you were this artistic." Elijah said and I looked over at him while he made his way over to me.

He leaned down and pecked me on the lips.

"Tag you're it." He whispered then disappeared.

"Now look who's being the tease now." I whispered under my breath and took off running to go and find him.

Game on Mr. Mikaelson. Game on.