34-♫- Save the last Dance For me

*Unedited* A/N- Really long chapter, i hope you enjoy. 

♫-Chapter 34

            “This isn’t going to work,” I whisper, my eyes burning, my throat closing. I was panicking. We were literally a half hour away from the ball and I still had to change into my dress. I had snuck out of the ladies dressing area where makeup artists swarmed Carmina, allowing me a peace of mind.

            Crouching low beside me, Teegan tries to get close to me, but the tree and shrubs around us made an awkward barrier.

            After a few moments of trying to get to me, Teegan huffs in annoyance before getting up and moving around the bush to get to me.

            Containing my laughter, I watch amused at how ticked off he was.

            “Not funny,” he mutters crossly, grabbing my hands to pull me up. Dusting me off, he holds both of my hands, his eyes studying me.

            I always felt weird whenever he did this. It was like he saw through me, everything I feared, everything I desired, everything…

            “Don’t be scared,” he murmurs softly.

            The sound of my heart seems to beat loud in the night and I’m sure I’m breaking a sweat.

            “But I am,” I worry truthfully. “ I’m so sorry for bringing you into all this. I just want to be with you but it’s so hard and with Carmina and my mother- I can’t let them find out the boy I love is you- that it is THE Teeg-“

            Silencing me with a soft kiss, Teegan wraps his arms around me in a reassuring way and I sigh, sinking him his touch.

            “Stop thinking,” Teegan commands, running his fingers through my hair as I rest my head on his shoulder, the vibration of his voice my own little lullaby “I love you. Lets just have a good night. I’m happy just being here right now with you, feeling you in my arms, hearing your voice,” his voice gets quieter, his lips pressed against my ear. “I’m happy I can hear you right now.”

            “I’m happy you’re here too,” I whisper.

            “So don’t worry about your family. They don’t deserve your thoughts. Just go out there and have fun. I won’t be too far away,” Teegan comforts me.

            Squeezing my eyes shut, I nod, his words sinking into my brain. But that was just the thing; we would only be able to see each other from afar tonight. The plan didn’t include Teegan and I dancing at all tonight.

            “Okay,” I breathe shakily.

            “That’s my girl,” he says proudly, pressing a kiss onto my forehead.

            Shaking, I try to forget all my fears, dwelling in his arms.

            “Oh yeah,” Teegan murmurs, pulling back. Unzipping his hoodie, he pats his chest area, looking for something,

            “Here it is,” he says, pulling out a small item wrapped in white tissue paper, the crinkling sound rustling through the woods.

            Looking up at me, Teegan forms a rectangle with his thumbs and pointer fingers, holding it up to look through the open space at me.