Chapter 12

When I next awoke, it was late the next day. I heard a stomping noise outside and went to investigate. The smell in the halls were aweful, it was like someone had let in a skunk from the muggle world. I looked around the corner and nearly screamed.

A tall troll stood there, scratching its head and walking down the corridor. I followed it from a distance, looking around for a weapon I could use, and wondering where the teachers were. The troll turned off into a bathroom and I heard screaming. Then, from around the corner, Harry and Ron came running, charging into the bathroom. Chasing after them, I drew my wand, not caring if it wouldn't work, I had to try something.

"Harry, look out!" Someone yelled, I believe it was Ron.

I dove through the door, wand at the ready as the troll swung it's club my way. I ducked quickly and looked around, Hermione was trapped at the end of the bathroom, Harry was on the troll, and Ron was practically hiding behind me. I focused on the trolls chest and thought of a spell that I was reading about a few days ago.

Suddenly there was cracking sound and I was thrown into the wall, light spots clouded my vision from the hit. I heard yelling and more footsteps approaching. I tried to stand, but my legs failed me and I fell back into the rubble. My ears were ringing as Harry stood over the unconsious troll and the other staff barged in. I saw black more than any other color and decided it was time to close my eyes for a little nap.

________________

I woke with no sense of where I was or what had happened. The last thing I had remembered was light then black. My side ached as the bed I was on felt off centered. Turning to the side, I saw a mop of black hair resting next to me. I smiled and grabbed a chunk of it before yanking. My efforts were rewarded with a shout if pain and Severus waking.

"Why did you do that, woman?!" he snipped, glaring harshly.

I looked for parchment and quills, not seeing any before shrugging at him and pointing a finger at him.

"What do you want?" he growled.

I pointed at him again, then at the floor, before tilting my head. The Professor sighed and held his head in his hands.

"I'm here because I was supposed to watch you last night I must've fell asleep." he stood and looked me over. "I will go tell Dumbledore you have woken up."

I nodded as he walked away towards the door. His cloak wasn't billowing behind him and I looked around. He never not has his cloak on, where is it? I looked at my body to see it was wrapped tightly in a black blanket, or rather a black cloak.