42.

I turned off my lightsabers and ran into his arms. I held back trying to squeal. I couldn't help but be giddy around him.

"I thought you weren't going to be back for another rotation!" I smiled.

"We got the supplies and set up a defense of their own on Ryloth finally so I was able to come home." He said, "And.." He reached over to grab a plate from my dresser, "I brought dinner."

"How did you manage that?" I asked, surprised.

"I had to catch a ride on a cargo freighter." He said nonchalantly.

"What happened to your military transport?" I rose an eyebrow.

"Ehh.." He started walking toward my bed, "It blew up." I rolled my eyes at his nonchalant manner, "Anyway," he said setting up the food in the middle of the bed, "the freighter captain was bringing a shipment to a restaurant here and he gave me something to bring home."

I smiled, staring at him and sat beside him on the bed.

"What?" He asked,

"I'm just so happy to have you back home." I said, kissing his cheek.

He finished setting up our lovely dinner and he served both of us. I started taking my armor off and laying it next to the bed to be more comfortable.

"So how has the temple been? Have you been on any missions lately? How come you have two lightsabers now?" He questioned me.

"Well.. About that.. It's a long story." I rolled my eyes, putting some strange food in my mouth that I wasn't sure if I'd like or not. I did.

"I have time." He said, doing the same.

"Well, at the council meeting the day we came back I told the council of everything I learned on Zygerria, then Master Windu stood up to join me. Then he suggested I was ready for the trials." I said, Anakin nearly spit out his food.

"He did?!" He asked excitedly.

"He did. Don't get too excited though." I looked down.

"Oh no." He sighed.

"Well the council said that right now they didn't know how to hold the trials without all the Masters present and said that they couldn't allow me to skip the trials as they didn't know where it was okay to draw the line on unorthodox practices and I wasn't the 'Chosen One', no offense-" I said,

"None taken." He said,

"But anyway Yoda told Master Windu that if I accelerated my training, like I'm talking everyday, early morning to late at night I could show them my training tapes and maybe they'd allow me to become a Knight then." I told him.

"I'm so sorry, the council can be.. Difficult. I know from experience. I was in your same position not too long ago." He said.

"I know." I thought of our first adventure together. Wow, that was a long time ago. He has matured so much. "I even had talks with the Chancellor and he agrees with me. I should be knighted soon. He said he'll try to put in a good word for me."

"You've had meetings with the Chancellor?" He asked me.

"Only a few. He said he had heard of my progress and wanted to meet what all of the hub bub was about. He's a very nice man." I said, thinking of how supportive he was. He reminded me of my father.

"Interesting. That's good the Chancellor may be able to help a little. Obi-Wan isn't too fond of the man for some reason. But anyways, you've learned a whole new form of lightsaber in four weeks? What training level are you on?" He changed the subject.