The interrogation

Merlin's POV

"I want names." Atticus says as he opens up the cell door blocking Valdus. I watch Atticus flare his nostrils, and I decide that if he kills Valdus, I won't stop him.

I glance at the man himself, and see him watching me intensely. He knows it's your fault. I quiet my thoughts down as Atticus takes no notice at how Valdus is staring at me.

The cell door finally opens.

"Can I have my phone call right about now-" Valdus starts with a sly smirk, but gets interrupted as Atticus stalks in the cell, and drags him out by his hair. I wince, recalling how smooth the tendrils are, and find myself not wanting to be here. Especially after Valdus yelps in pain.

I could pretend to have an urgent phone call- but maybe Atticus would tell me to ignore it. I know that I have to be here. He has to make sure I'm not a traitor- and what better way to figure that out than to make me watch my mate get tortured? I would laugh if it wasn't so sadistic and it wasn't me in this situation.

Atticus adjusts his hold on Valdus by thrusting his hair upwards and catching his neck. He's now efficiently dragging Valdus by the neck, and choking him. How fun!

Valdus clutches Atticus's hand on his neck, hoping to loosen the grip. His eyes look vulnerable and terrified, but he catches me staring after them and quickly wipes off the facial expression. Always one to act tough, isn't he?

I follow after them, smiling at all the other prisoners. One hisses after me. It's a sea nymph, one that I had an encounter with years ago. Maybe five years ago. I falter in my footsteps and stare at her beauty that once entranced me. Pure evil that hides beneath that soul. I grin at her and she punches the glass.

"Good evening Adreanna" I say to her, ignoring how Atticus stops to watch the exchange.

"Va te faire foutre!" She spits, quite literally onto the glass. This makes me laugh.

"You should watch your French, you weren't like this when we first met." I recall, tapping my chin. She growls.

"You weren't a mauvais dad when we first met." She snarls in rage. My smile falters.

                      "Daring- you shouldn't call people things you know nothing of. Especially when you're one too." I say seriously. Valdus lifts his head to this, and I can tell he's listening in confusion.

                       "I will find her- and she will know the truth." I say and start to walk back to Atticus as she bangs on the glass screaming in French. I'm now in a horrible mood. Who goes around calling people a deadbeat dad right in front of their mate? Someone with a death wish.

Valdus continues being dragged, and will occasionally hiss in pain. Other than that, he stares at my face. I can't seem to take his accusatory stare, so I move in front of them and we finally reach the room. He still says nothing about what he just witnessed, and I can only think of it as his way of coping. I mean, just because we're mates doesn't mean I couldn't have some fun when he betrayed me so openly in the past.