xi

*le flashback*

"Why do I even try?" she sighed. "Why?"

She slid down the wall and started crying. "Adrien never noticed me. He never did,"

She sobbed in her sleeve of a expencive jacket her father bought just for her. 

"This can't be real," she cried. "Marinette can't be his soulmate,"

"Not after who I got for my soulmate," her big room was now empty, only the moon was shining through her big window. "And it's not Adrien,"

"I'm lost," she sighed as she looked at her jacket. She had everything. She had money, she was well known, but Adrien wasn't hers. 

She didn't notice when a black-ish butterfly landed on her. Her head shot up immediately and looked into the darkness of her room. 

"Hello, Soulmate changer," a deep voice said and she recognized the voice right away. She had heard it before. 

"Hello," she smirked all on her own. 

"I guess we meet again," 

"Indeed we do, Hawkmoth,"

*la end of the la flashback*

"What do you mean by that?" Marinette suprisedly asked. 

"What I said! My mark isn't here anymore!" He nearly exclaimed it. 

"Jeez, kitty. I'll be right there," before she knew it she was already in her Ladybug outfit, swinging through the city. 

She knocked on his window and as soon as he saw her he opened it. 

She jumped in his room and no matter how many times she'd been here, it always impressed her.

"Okay, explain," she said. 

He paced around his room a little, nervously looking at things, before sitting down on his bed and sighed. 

"I-I wanted to take a shower..-" "I'm sorry I'm interrupting, but I assume it's real this time?" Marinette couldn't help herself. She knew it was a bad timing, but she might not have another chance. 

He looked at her annoyingly. "Yes a real shower!"

She chuckled a little, before letting him continue.

"I guess, when I looked at my mark it wasn't there," he sighed. 

"You tried to rubb off your make-up?" she boringly asked. 

"You think you're funny," he rolled his eyes. "But I'm not joking. I thought that first too, but I washed my hand over and over again, but nothing happened," 

Marinette kind of started to panic. She let her transormation let loose and pulled her sleeve up. Her eyes went wide, when she didn't see a black paw.

"Believe me now?" he asked. 

"Okay, so what are we going to do?" she asked, trying not to panic. "I honestly have no idea,"

They sat on his bed in silence for at least twenty minutes, before Marinette spoke up. "Do you think it could be an akuma?"

Adrien's eyes narrowed. "Yeah, but why change our marks?"

"Maybe it's Lila. She was pretty jealous before," Marinette suggested. 

"But went to the limit by falling under control of Hawkmoth?" Adrien asked. 

"Love is a powerful force. I'd know," she sighed, looking down at her hands. 

He looked lovingly at her and hugged her around the shoulder. "You will always be the one I love, soulmates or not," 

He gently pressed a kiss to her nose and she giggled. 

"Stop that you silly cat," with one finger on his nose she pushed him away. 

"It rhymes," he laughed. She kissed his cheek. 

"Want to go see if we spot any akuma?" she asked and he nodded. 

As soon as they wanted to transform, the knocking was heard on his door. 

"Adrien, your father wants to see you!" Nathalie said behind the door. Marinette panicked and hid behind his bed. 

"Yes, I'll be there in a minute," Adrien yelled back. 

"I'm sorry, but he said he needs to see you now," she sighed. Marinette nodded to Adrien and mouthed 'go'. 

He sighed as he opened the door carefully and closed it behind him. Nathalie looked suspicious, but she knew that he was a teenage boy and he needed his privacy. 

"Did he tell you why he needed me?" Adrien asked as they were walking quietly to Gabriel Agreste's office. 

"No," was Nathalie's simple answer. She sighed sadly. He shook his head and countinued walking. 

Nathalie knocked on the door and carefully opened it. She let Adrien in, before closing the door shut. 

"Yes, father?" he looked at the man who was his father, but he never seem to act like one. Adrien knew Gabriel loved him with all his heart, but sometimes he just didn't know how to show it.

"Sit down, son," he said and looked at the chair infront of him. Adrien slowly sat down, not knowing what is happening next. 

"I assume you already got your mark," he said. 

'Not now!' Adrien thought. 

"I'd like to see it," he said, looking at his son. Adrien didn't move, he felt uncomfortable all of the sudden. 

"A-About that," he started. He didn't know if he should tell him the truth or rather not. But he decided the truth was the best option. "I-It's gone," 

"I'm sorry?" Gabriel looked suprised. 

"T-Today, it disapeared. I don't know why," the younger boy said. 

"That's impossible!" Gabriel stood up from his chair. Now that he was standing, something about him seemed odd. 

"I want to see your mark, Adrien. It's not my fault if you're ashamed of it," Gabriel stated.

Adrien threw his hands in the air and with that his shirt rode up too. "I'm telling you the truth!"

When Gabriel didn't move, Adrien realized he was looking at something. He was looking at his waist. 

"Pull your shirt up," he instructed. 

"W-What?" 

When Adrien didn't move, Gabriel took an opportunity of pulling his son's shirt up. And there it was. A few inches above his waistline there was a small mark. Not the one he wanted, but the mark that looked awful a lot like like a bee. (a/n yes im going w that)

Before any of them could react there was an explosion and the window fell apart. A girl stepped in and she was dressed in black and yellow costume. Just like a bee. 

"Hello Adrien," she smiled. "Missed me?"

Adrien only took a few seconds to recongnize his childhood's best friend. "Chloe?!"

--------------------------------

and a cliffhanger again. IM ON FIREEEE

nobody thought of this? yep i included lila only to lead you the wrong direction muhehe. anyone thought about chloe?? rlly ? no? k ... i updated just bc my RE class was canceled. 

my worst idea ever but muhehehehhe *laughing af* uhhhh *sees everyone staring* i-i mean *starts nervously laughing* i-i swear i'm normal *starts acting innocent*  *runs*