Chapter: 22

"Ethan! Are you ready?" I yelled across the room. We were packing for a good day-out. Valery, Ivanna, Alejandro, Sein and of course, Phillipe, who'd not let me step outside the palace without him by my side, decided to tag along too. Sad to say that he definitely was not thrilled by the idea. There hadn't been a call from Edward or his sighting, nor did I try to contact him. The outcomes scared me to no end.

What if he really was involved in something like kidnapping me? That was a horrific thought.

"Yes momma," I received the shout from my boy. Good that he was ready, now I could settle to pile the scattered picnic items and stuff it in the bag. I picked up a set of Ethan's clothes so that I'd have clothes in case he dirtied them. I bet he would dirty them.

"Every thing's ready?" Valery entered the room.

"Yup." I zipped up the bag, adjusting my wrinkled shirt. Clothes, check. Sun glasses, check. Lip gloss, check. Mobile, check. The food responsibility was in the hands of Valery and Ivanna. So, I could take a deep breath.

"Everone's ready?" I asked her.

"Yes. They are waiting for you. Come down quickly though, I'll take Ethan with me," she called out, her voice disappearing in the hallway. I grabbed the wallet glancing at the wall clock which read 9 in the morning. Well, a long day was definitely waiting for us, weaving the threads of enjoyment. 

I slammed the door shut behind me, balancing the bag and wallet with utmost care. The hallways were silent without a cat sound today. Usually, there used be be some cat sounds for every five minutes. I wonder what happened to the sounds now. 

I took slow steps in the direction of giant staircase as the lift was under construction, much to my dismay. Did Ethan put any heavy metal in the bag without my knowledge? The bag was awfully heavy, causing some almost trips on my way. I saved my butt and face at least three times in the short distance.

"Want help?" I looked for the source of words. Sein came in front of me, almost out of his breath, sporting a sweet smile on his beautiful face. Beautiful? I just didn't say that. That was just my drunk subconscious speaking.

"Umm....Yes." I hesitated before accepting. I had been wary of this man from the day he surprised me, partly because he maintained  relationship without my knowledge. But, who am I to put a leg in his relations? Some thing was definitely wrong with my brain.

And also, I had been waiting for Alice' confrontation but it never came in the past 2 days. And now, the weekend arrived. I just hoped that my weekend would be drama free. I could deal with Alice later. Even after she revealed the truth and we unfold it in front of Samuel, I'd be glad if she kept Samuel to herself. I definitely didn't want another girl to fall in his romantic traps of no trust.

I handed him the heavy bag which he lifts without breaking sweat. Damn, these men, they lift some things as if the are soft toys. I needed to concentrate more on my work out once I returned so that I'd just lift an item in the blink of an eye without any effort.

"Shall we, miss?" He winked at me and my breath hitched in my throat. That wasn't supposed to happen.

"We shall." I rolled my eyes in front of him, in a way to mock him. I didn't know why but I was acting like a stuck up woman and the most important thing was, I wasn't on my period. What was wrong with me from the last two days?

He nodded at me, his smile dropping a little. An instant rush of guilt pressured me to apologize him and I almost did. The keyword remaining almost.

We descended the stairs in silence. After my mockery, I was sure that I triggered a feeling in his heart and I was strangely afraid if I'd lose the respect and friendship in his eyes which was meant for me. The fact why I felt this way still remained to be a mystery. Why was I afraid of losing his friendship?