Chapter 3: Flashback

«And then I kissed him and we became an item ! »

« No way dude ! »

  You were currently sprawled on the floor in your best friend's bedroom, Peter Parker, playing video games. He had invited you for your weekly games party, and by « weekly » I mean only when he wasn't being spiderman and you weren't busy with your boring job.

« I know right ! He's my first love, first kiss, first boyfriend, like woah my love life was THAT terrible ? »

« Well now that I am thinking about it, I never saw you dating someone... »

« I didn't even know that I was gay !...or bi...I don't even know man »

« I can't know for yourself dude ! »

« Well you should mister Parker !...Hey stop killing me ! » you pouted

« Pay attention to the game and you will win ! Maybe. »

« That's not how cooperation work bro... »

« Whatever ! »

  You then proceeded to prevent Peter from playing while laughing. After fighting (playfully of course) for a while, you both heard a knock on the door.

« Come in ! » said Peter and you were greated by the sight of May Parker (known as Aunt May)...and cookies ! Yay !

« Thank you Aunt May ! »

« Thank you Auntie... » you smiled

« You're welcome, boys ! » she returned the smile before leaving.

  Peter and you were like brothers, Aunt May considered you as her nephew. She had sometimes taken care of you in your teenager day, when you didn't have enough money to eat. Your parents were never at home. You didn't know why, they never told you. And will never tell. They died when you were sixteen, it have been eight years but you clearly remember how you learned their death...

  You were (like always) alone in the flat you shared with your parents, doing homeworks in the living room, when suddenly the phone rang. Masked number. You answered it anyway.

« Hello ? »

« Hello ((your name)), I need to talk to you about your parents » a male voice said.

« What ? Who are ? How do you know my name ?»

« I can't tell you, but you have to trust me, your parents worked for me. »

« How should I trust you ? »

« Look at the ceiling, in the corner »

« A camera...WTF ? Who the f*** are you ?! »

« Language young man, it always been there, and related to your parent's job»

« My parents were freaking teachers, I don't trust you at all, why won't you tell me your name ? You know what I'm going to call the cops ! I swear if you kidnapped them- ! »

« I'm sorry » he interrupted you

« For what ?! Stop playing game, I'm serious !»

« They're dead » he simply said, even if you could hear sorrow in his voice

« What » the world seemed to collapse around you « I... »

« Don't trust me, I know. I didn't kill them if it's what you're thinking. They left you a letter locked in a drawer of your father's desk, they asked me to tell you that in case they'll never return. They died as heroes. Again, I'm sorry for your loss. Farewell ((Your full name)) »