Chapter 11

Giovanni's POV

I was sitting in my office discussing some matters pertaining to the 'family' with Lucas when my phone started ringing. I picked it up looking at the callers ID then smiled.

"Lexi?" Lucas asked raising a brow.

"Si" I replied before picking up the phone.

I heard Lucas scoffed in front of me and I turned my eyes to glare at him when he rolled his eyes.

Lucas was my underboss, my right hand man and even more my friend, probably the only reason I allowed him to get away so often with things like this that I'd considered disrespectful. Lucas just doesn't trust Lexi from we've been talking the day he catch her upstairs back at INFERNO in the out of bounds area for patrons. Lucas just didn't trust anybody that was outside the 'family' even more females in particular, he believed that often times females are the ones our enemies used to get to us. We've had experience with such females before, one particular time he was the target of a female who was working for an enemy of ours. She had started working at his club as one of his dancers for a few months and started taking a special interest in Lucas and tried drugging him one night and so from that Lucas just doesn't trust any female to stick around for more than a night.

Hence his scepticism towards Lexi and I, even more so now that I had taken a special interest in her and we were dating. I remembered him asking me when since I had ever dated or taken a special interest in one specific female. I had told him I don't answer to him or anyone for that matter and he should mind his own business. Lucas had even went as asking me if I was willing to lose or put Lexi at risk if any case our enemies should find out she meant something to me or if I was going to be comfortable with lying to her about who I really was and how long am I going to be able to keep that a secret. I told him that I know what I'm doing and that Lexi was different somehow and I would make sure that no harm comes to her.
Ever since that day when I had received the call saying they've got my 'bitch' I had my guys looking out for Lexi from time to time making sure that she was safe and no harm came to her.

"Ciao cara mia" I smiled into the phone.

"I'm mad at you. Like really mad" Lexi replied.

"Oh no. What have I done now?" I asked feigning innocent even though I think I already have a perfect idea what this was about.

"The store Gio" she fumed. "When I said yes you could hell me, I didn't mean you should just completely finished and stock it for me".

"I thought you appreciate not having all that work load to worry about" I replied sounding confused.

"Gio I really appreciate it, thank you. I don't want to seem ungrateful or anything but I just thought you were gonna refer me to persons or even oversee work with me whenever you aren't busy" she sighed. "At least let me know how much is it that I owe you".

"You don't owe me anything Lexi, its all yours. And I didn't say anything to you about it because I wanted to surprise you. So surprise" I replied.

When she had told me she was thinking of opening the store I thought it was a really great idea and then when she said it would have to wait a while since she was busy with the restaurant I had offered to help her. But when I visited the area and had hired persons to fixed it, I just couldn't resist. I wasn't used to doing only half of work I'm always used to getting things done so I had went ahead and get clothes ordered and shipped in.

"What!? Gio you can't do that, you can't just hand me a complete store. That was my job to do that" I heard her said over the phone.

"Well technically I'm not handing you a store since you already own the store space. I'm just trying to be a supporting boyfriend by trying to get the excess work load you'd have to handle off your back" I replied. "I'm sorry if you feel like I've somehow deprived you of doing the things like ordering and stocking whatever you want".