Chapter 12

Lexi's POV

"Hey Mom, Dad I'm going out for a bit, I see you guys later" I said to them as I entered the living room.

Dad was sitting on the couch with Mom beside him resting her head on his shoulder as his arm was around her. It was incredible to see how much those two love each other.

"Where do you think you're going?"

"No you're not" Mom and Dad said at the same time.

"I'm kinda spending the day with Gio" I told them.

"Not after what happened yesterday you're not" Dad replied sitting up straight as Mom raised her head up from his shoulder.

"Lexi, I don't think you're in any condition to go out after what happened yesterday. You need to rest, your body needs time to recover probably" mom said to me.

"Mom I feel fine, I'm totally fine to go out now" I said stretching out both my arms to show I was fine but held back a wince as my left shoulder ached a bit.

My body was still feeling sore from yesterday and even though my shoulder was slipped back in yesterday it still hurt whenever I moved it too vigorously, but I wasn't gonna let them know that. I just didn't felt like sitting down at home today plus I had promised Gio I'd see him today and he was now waiting for me.

"Whether or not you feel fine, you're not going anywhere today or any other day. Even worst not unless at least one of the guys are driving you" Dad said seriously.

"What? Dad, you can't be serious. Am I supposed to just stay here locked up for the rest of my life?"

"Well if you put it that way" Dad replied.

"Dad you must be joking" I chuckled. "And anyway I promised Gio he'd see me today".

"Even worst why you're not going out. Yesterday you almost got kidnapped and killed and today you want to go out and spend the day with him?" Dad asked.

"He wasn't the one who tried to kidnapped me Dad" I said to him.

He was making it seem as if it was Gio's fault why I was nearly taken or as if Gio was the one who tried kidnapping me and now I was planning on going right to him.

"No, but its probably is damn fault why that bloody Russian sending his guys to kidnapped you" Dad said angrily.

"Rostov? He's Russian? You know him?" I asked suddenly interested.

"I know of him. I've met the guy once or twice but I never have any dealing with him before and neither have Dominic so I find it hard to believed that its because of our side and connections why he wants you" Dad replied.

"So you think this has something to do with Gio?" I asked him.

"I'm almost a 100% sure it has to do with him. The Luciano group and the Rostov's have never been in any sort of conflict before but that changes now that you've gotten involved" Dad replied, "Our guess is that Rostov is using you as leverage to get to Cavelli".

"So you think I'm bait then?" I asked.

"Its a good as possible guess but we're working on it so as long as you stay here, I think you'll be safe" Dad replied.

"So does this Rostov guy live here in New York?" I asked.

"He mostly in Chicago but he's an all rounder, from Chicago to Russia" Dad replied.

"Those guys he sent weren't Russians though, they were Americans" I said to him. "So the guy sits in Chicago and sends his men here to New York to kidnapped a poor unsuspecting innocent girl? Wow. It all make sense".