37. Destined

They arrived at the hospital and wheeled John in quickly and took him to a delivery room and started to work on him. One of the doctors told Sherlock that he had to wait in the waiting area. Sherlock scowled, telling him that he need to stay with his John. But the doctor refused.

After an hour Sherlock bolted to the reception and demanded to know where the love of his life was. The nurse tried to calm him down and told him that he is still being treated and that Sherlock had to wait. Sherlock huffed and threw himself down on the chair again, in the waiting area.

After waiting for two hours in the waiting room, a nurse came in.

"Are you here for John Watson?" The nurse asked. At this Sherlock jumped upright. "You can come inside if you want." She smiled to him. "Mr. Watson has a serious injury to his fore head. It has created a shallow open wound, and a small fracture to the skull. We managed to seal the wound well with no complications however he has not woken up yet. That may take another few hours. He also has some injuries at his upper body. We'll know more when he wakes up" She informed him while he followed her down lots of halls till they arrived outside the room where John is lying. "I can allow you to stay with him. But if the nurses have to work on him. You need to understand that you have to leave." She said. Sherlock nodded in agreement. The nurse laid her hand onto Sherlock's Shoulder, squeezing it before leaving him.

Sherlock opened the door and he gently closed it behind him and looked over at John. There was a bandage around his forehead, shoulders. He looked horrible. He had dark circles under his eyes and his skin pale as ice. Sherlock walked over to his bed and sat next to John and took his hand in his, and made circle movements with his thumb. Sherlock sighed. "I'm sorry, John." He said, as he looked down at his feet. "I'm terribly sorry." He whispered. "I should have known that this was too risky." He continued. "I..., god John." He sighed. "I thought I lost you. Just... wake up for me."  He squeezed his hand again, praying for a response. But John's hand remained motionless in his. Sherlock bowed his head and sighed.

It was another ten hours before John returned to consciousness. Sherlock fell asleep two hours ago, his head lying on the mattress beside John's body. His fingers entwined with John's. John's eyes flutter and adjust to the morning light in the room. He frowned, looking vaguely around the room. He then looked down at Sherlock, a smile appearing on his lips. He moved his free arm and ran a hand through Sherlock's curly hair, biting on his lips from the pain as he moved his arm. Sherlock moaned from the touch. John chuckled slightly. Even in his sleep, he moans at John's touch. Sherlock was smiling, not knowing he did. Suddenly the smile got replaced by a frown, and then he jerked his head upright.

"John?" Sherlock asked, as a yawn escaped his cupped bow lips. John nodded at him. "Oh my god, John!" He whimpered. Sherlock looked at the grin that John is giving him. One he was afraid he'd never see again. Sherlock then threw himself against his chest, not thinking about the pain, John would get because this action. He felt John's arms go around him. "I am so sorry John." He pleaded.

"Sherlock..." John sighed.

Sherlock looked up. "I am sorry."

"You don't have to apologize to me, idiot. You were the one saying that I had to stay out of this. It's my fault."

"Ours, then." Sherlock corrected. John rolled his eyes. "Ours." He said.

~~~~~

Sherlock and John didn't have to return to school, until the Christmas break was over. John met Sherlock's parents and Sherlock met John's mother properly. Not like last time, when he saved John, sneaked him out of the house.

John still didn't return to his house. His mother gave him some clothes while they met at a tea room. His mother and father left the house at the start of the vacation. Traveling to Scotland for two weeks, while their son just got out of the hospital. Scandalous.

Sherlock and John decided to celebrate Christmas together. Just the two of them. In the midday they went to Sherlock's house, having a drink with a part of the family. Afterwards, they went to John's house. The living room was decorated beautifully, topped with a grand Christmas three in the corner, beside the sofa. They are ready to open their presents. Sherlock insisted that John opened his present first. John took the present in his hands and stared at the gift tag and read it first.

Dear John,

Merry Christmas

You entered my heart slowly, quietly and passionately

Your love spread through me.

In every direction, there is you - just you.

My emotions are rising and I am facing short of breath;

My heart is beating fast

What madness, what obsession...

What can I say of my state now?

My heart, my soul, my whole world,

You are my only desire.

I love you.

From the curled sheep in front of you, who might want a kiss now.

-SH

John looked up shyly, and leaned forwards for a kiss. He then pulled back and opened the box. Inside, he found a small box, which he opened. There lay a brand new mobile phone. It's expensive and modern, but still small and practical enough for John to handle. "Sherlock..." He started, wanting to complain about the price, but Sherlock cut him off.

"Turn it." Sherlock said, smiling. Ignoring John's blabbering. John turned it around and found an engraving, but this time directed to himself.

Bolbi Watson

From Sherlock

Xxx

"I prefer our names engraved in your phone. Not someone else's." Sherlock stated. John smiled and threw his arms around Sherlock's neck. 'It's beautiful. And bloody expensive, you dick." He sighed. "Thankyou Sherlock." He said and grabbed Sherlock's present. John handed him a large sized purple box with a deep red bow. Sherlock did the paper off slowly. His long slender fingers worked at the bow, until all the wrapping was off. He opened the heavy purple box and gasped at what was inside. Science equipment. Sherlock always complained about the bad science material in school. So now he got one from John. John also wrapped a long blue scarf around the scope.

"Do you like it?" John asked, fiddling with his fingers nervously.

"Sherlock looked up, his eyes watering."

"Is it stupid? Yes I understand, it's just a silly li-" Sherlock cut him off by pulling John to him, embracing him tightly.

"I love you." He mumbled onto John's shoulder. It's amazing, he never expected this.

"Love you too." John returned the love words. And so, John dragged Sherlock to his bedroom for the first time. Sherlock didn't really had a chance to look around. But he didn't mind it. Not. at. all.

The story is coming to an end. Not sure what I do next after this chapter. Might be the epilogue or a new chapter. I don't know yet.
I feel like this is the end. Xd But don't worry, I won't end with this chapter xxx