A Beginning.

Chapter One: A Beginning.

Parker's POV: Before

"Hey Daniel!" I said rushing down the hallway to get to where he was with his girlfriend of the month.

"Parker! What's up man? Why are you running?" He asked as soon as I skidded to a stop in front of them.

"Daniel, something's wrong with Jess, Hanna just found me in the hallway and told me something happened whilst they were in P.E. and she said that I should come get you." I told him all in one breath.

"What are we still doing here then and why didn't you just text me?" His girlfriend had been long forgotten now and soon we were hurrying to get to Jess.

"You're an idiot, I did text you but you seem to have turned it off..." I gave him a knowing look because we all knew that he was just hanging out with his girlfriend meaning that not much can usually distract him from what they were up to. He gave me a sheepish look back and then we were back to our imagination of what happened to Jessica.

    We weren't left to think for very long as soon we rounded the corner to the nurse's office which is a dingy little room that isn't near anything in our high school other than the abandoned science classrooms that seem to be home to the stoners, rebels, and hormonal teenagers of the school. When we got to the actual door to the nurse's we were both breathing heavily and stomped unpleasantly through the peaceful doorway leading to the office. Once inside we found that the office was empty except for one of the freshman who seemed to have a bleeding nose.

    "Hi boys, Jessica just left here to go to the office. Daniel, your mom and dad have been contacted and since they are out of the province at the moment somebody will have to come to pick her up." Ms. Mindy, the nurse, said kindly looking at Daniel. After we thanked her for her kindness, we both set off to the office.

    "Park, could you go get Jess? I have a major test next period and I can't miss it, and I know that you'll take care of her, please-" Before Daniel could finish his sentence I was nodding and I told him that I'll take her home and make sure she's alright until he came home as long as he covered for me if our lacrosse coach asked where I was.

    We both then went our separate ways, him to class and me to go pick up Jessica. I just really hope she's alright.

~

    "Where's Daniel?" Jessica asked, snakily, as soon as I stepped into the office. Let's just say that was not how I was expecting to be greeted.

    "For your information grasshopper, Daniel has sent me here to be your knight in shining armour and rescue you from the nightmare of facing prison, also known as school." I broke out into a smile after giving her my well thought out answer to her bitchy question. She was not impressed to say the least and the look she gave me would have sent me 6 ft. under if it were possible.

    "Okay, he actually sent me because your parents are out of town and he has a "major" test that needs to be completed otherwise he won't be graduating in the next two months." She sighed but soon was walking with to my car in the senior parking lot.

    "Fine, but I'm warning you now that I am not in the mood today to put up with anybody so for your safety I would leave once we get home unless you want to be sucked into watching cheesy romantic movies whilst seeing me eat my entire body weight in junk food and crying randomly because I feel like it."

    "I'm guessing that it's that time of the month," *cue murderous glare from Jessica* "and what you're really saying is that you would actually love to spend the day with me along with stopping at the grocery store for all the junk food you feel like and going to the movie rental place before heading to your house so that we can build a fort in your living room and watch chick-flicks on your laptop. And because I'm such a gentleman, I will let you cry on my shoulder for as long as you want which will typically end with you threatening me that if I tell anyone that I saw you cry that you will cut off my balls... So, how does that sound to you?" I asked a beaming Jess who was blushing furiously.

    "That sounds perfect." She said, smiling.

~

    I woke up to the light of the computer shining brightly in my eyes. Jessica was curled up next to me, looking beautiful even with her face red from crying and pained from cramps that she's had all day, they were also the reason for her being excused from school. Carefully I maneuvered my arm from underneath her head and got up to head to the bathroom.

    When I came back from the restroom, I walked into the kitchen for some water only to find Jess already there with Advil and water in front of her. As soon as she saw me coming towards her, she blushed and turned away to busy herself with putting away the medicine. I headed to the fridge where a note from Daniel was hung, saying that he went out with friends and probably wouldn't be back until tomorrow morning. This was typical of Daniel, he absolutely loved his sister but he is petrified of her when she is on her period.

    Waving the note up to Jessica I said, "Well it looks like its just you and me until tomorrow." She nodded absentmindedly and continued to avoid eye contact with me.

    "Jessica, what's wrong? You were okay earlier..." I asked curiously.

    "Why do you have to be so nice to me? Why can't you just ignore me like most of Daniel's friends? You make it almost impossible to stop-" By this point I was really confused and had to interrupt.

    "What are you talking about?" I asked genuinely worried about her sanity at the moment.

    "I don't understand why you insist to be nice to me because you make it impossible for me. I can't help it and I know I shouldn't feel this way but I do and what you did for me today was so amazing, not even boyfriends are like that with their girlfriends. And you're confusing me and giving me the wrong idea. Parker, I like you and not as my brother's best friend but as someone I want to be with." She looked up at my six-foot-three stature and immediately looked down at the ground like it was the most amazing thing in the world.

    I was shell-shocked to say the least, in the matter of a minute my life had turned into one of the biggest cliches of all time: my best friend's little sister had feelings for me and to be perfectly honest, I've liked her since the first time I laid eyes on her. So, instead of answering her questions of why I am so nice and why I probably do confuse her a lot, I planted my lips to hers in hopes that that answered her questions.

~*~*~*~*

Hey Guys!

I always seem to have really sporadic updates so I apologize but I was having really, really bad writer's block but today I sat down and just couldn't stop writing.

I hope you enjoy it and I'd love to hear your guys' feedback!

Until Next Time,

bookworm