Chapter 1

**********************
"Nadia go make us lunch," Aunt Risa screamed to me. I let out a frustrated groan. Aunt Risa is just like the evil step mother in Cinderella but instead she is my aunt, not my step mother.

My parents died in a plane crash when i was seven. They were traveling to New york for a business trip and i stayed back with my uncle. The same day, we got a call from the hospital saying my parents were severely injured. Uncle and I drove to the hospital but before we got there, Allah had already taken my mom and dad to their real home. Since then, uncle had taken full responsibility of me. He loves me and i love him but Aunt Risa always tries to get between us. Nowadays i dont see Uncle much since he has been also taking care of my parents business. My 2 cousins are the same as their mother. Laiba who is the same age as me, 20 and Mira is 17. Ever since uncle had brought me to live with them, Aunt Risa has been treating me like a servent. I go to collage but after i come back home, there is always a list of work for me to do. while Laiba and Mira are running around with their boyfriends, i have to do everything around the house.

" yes aunt Risa," i respond to her from the kitchen. My hands are wet with soap because i am still washing the deshes from breakfast. I quickly finish washing and then start cooking.

"Nadia, hurry up i am hungry and Nasib has come over,"Laiba comes into the kitchen to tell me. Nasib is her boyfriend. He comes over like almost everyday to eat.

20 minutes later, i set up the table and call everyone down for lunch. I serve everyone food and go back to the kitchen to refill. As i put food in Nasib's plate, he looked at me up and down with a nasty smile on his face. That made me uncomfortable. I look at Laiba to see if she noticed but she was busy stuffing herself.

" Aunt Risa, i am going to go pray," i say to her and quickly leave the room. I let out a breath of relief as i lock myself in my room. It is the only place i feel safe. Sometimes i cry my
self to sleep because i miss my parents. I know it has been a long time since they passed away but there are still times when my heart feels empty. I quickly do wudu and then stand on my prayer mat to pray. It is my dream to one day pray next to the person i love. My husband. I want someone who will love me for me. My Aunt and cousins always makes fun of me, telling me things like "who will ever marry you?" or " nobody will ever love you because you are useless and ugly."
But i honestly never cared about what they think about me. I am still greatful for having them as my family although they treat me like garbage. I am greatful that uncle has been taking care of me for this long.

******************
Hey guys, The first chapter might be boring but i tried. This story is about a muslim couple but it wont have that much about Islam. It is just for fun and is a made up story so please dont be offended if you do find something offensive. Please keep reading and let me know how it is. Thanks.