He Experiences A Bad Nightmare (Warning: A Little Sad)

[Hush, we still have a few le funnies... The nightmares are written in centered italic, and waking hour refers to after they've woken up. Suggested by lots of people, so here's the self-regenerating cookie! (.:::.)]

Jeffy the Nightmare Potato Prince

(Please! No! No! Anything but this! I won't- I can't- I don't wanna...)

All around him; the suffocating stench of smoke engulfed his senses. He tried to cry out for someone to help him, but only choked and lost his last breath of pure air.

(I don't wanna die this way!)

Glowing orange sparks splayed past his vision, flying from an unstoppable blaze. It welled up like the belly of a balloon - and then it burst free, flames emerging from below in a towering blast of heat.

(I DON'T WANNA DIE!)

He tipped his whole head back and let out a primal scream as the fire ignited him, burning away his doused skin and every fibre of himself along with it.

-Waking Hour-

You woke up in the middle of the night, hearing activity in the kitchen. Normally this wouldn't bother you - but it was running water, not a new fridge being shoved through the window by a blonde midget.

D/N trotted briskly by your side, curious about the noise too. Or maybe she/he was just hungry and looking for dropped snacks. T'was likely the latter.

Upon looking into the kitchen, you got quite a surprise.

BEN was attempting to yank a fully roasted turkey out of the oven, making little grunts and complaints about the deceptive size of cooking appliances' doors nowadays.

And Jeff was sitting on the kitchen sink's rim, head ducked underneath a running tap with cold turned to maximum. Water ran off his fabulous soaked hair in shimmering sheets.

"Jeffy boy?" You called, gaining BEN's attention instead.

In a panic, the little elf looked around for a place to hide. Since all the reasonable places were obviously too much effort to reach, he eyed the turkey instead. "Desperate times call for desperate measures."

Not-so-unfortunately, we can't disclose what happened next. You know, with Phantom's obsession about keeping the rating below 18+ and all that.

With BEN stowed away in his "ingenious" hiding place, you were free to cross the kitchen and give Jeff a brief thump on the back to check for breathing.

"What happened to you?"

He looked up; his eyebrows and face contor gave away that he was upset. "I had a- a nightmare - and now my skin won't stop burning..." The crazy killer rasped, bleary eyed.

You sighed and gently leaned over to give him a butterfly kiss on the nose, subtly reaching around his back to turn off the tap. "Take a shower instead. I'll let you use my special shampoo."

Jeff insisted that you helped him, because he was incapable of proper function due to fatigue.

What that really meant, was him sitting on a chair, in the shower, and you doing all the soaping and shampooing and scrubbing. And towelling him off afterwards. And helping him into pyjamas.