Outshined (xEngineer)

---Author's Note---

Idea and request by kenzy2000!

You clentched your teeth as you sat at the sofa, drumming your fingers on the arm rest as the time drew close.

Knock knock knock!

You groaned and dragged yourself towards your front door.

You peered out and saw her.

Courtney.

Putting on a big fake smile, you disdainfully opened the door.

"Hey Court-"

Courtney ran into your arms, knocking the wind out of you and threw her handbag inside your house.

"Hello (y/n)! It's so nice to see you again! You should call some more girlfriennnnnddd...!!!!"

You gave an internal scream.

---

Courtney has been your.. "friend" for practically all your life.
Since your mothers were very close friends, they would always make you two have play dates together.

Courtney made sure you were below her. She would take the best snacks away, your toys would somehow end up as her own, and she'd batter those sweet little eye lashes before telling you how ugly you looked.

Your teenage years were no different. When you told her you had a crush on a guy in your math class, he just somehow managed to become her boyfriend.

And they haven't even met before!

So your entire life, you've been trolled, abused, looked down on by your "friend". You wouldn't dare speak against her in fear of endangering your mother's friendship, and this was something Courtney took great advantage of.

----

"Oh my gosh! This place looks so much better than your last place! Maybe if you could work a little harder you can afford a bigger place!"

You rolled your eyes.

'Well some of us aren't supermodels Courtney...!'

You walked in and you shut the door behind you.

"Well what brings you to the neighborhood Courtney? I thought you were going for a photo shoot"

"Oh well, you know, I was caught cheating with the agency's C.E.O's boyfriend. So they canceled it! Isn't that so unprofessional???"

You bit your cheek, at a loss for words.

"Wow"

"I know right?! Like, so what if they're in a relationship? They didn't even like each other, and have you seen the C.E.O? She's like, a total cow!"

You poured yourself a glass of wine.

"So.. you don't have anything else to do for the day..?"

"Yeah! And I wanted to spend time with my favorite girl!!"

You poured yourself another glass of wine, when suddenly, a knock on the door caught your attention.

You were going to answer it when Courtney pushed you out of the way.

"I'll get it~!"

With a sigh, you let her go. It's not like you were expecting any...

"Hey there cutie~"

"Uh.. hello..? Is (y/n) here?"

You felt like a spear just pierced through your brain.

Oh shit!!