Secretly Famous Part 18

Part 18

”I’m tired Matt, I can’t wait til I have this thing out of me.”

Matt barely looks up from the newspaper he is reading. He looks so deadly sexy where he is sitting in the living room and that just makes me angrier. He is in perfect condition while I’m being tortured every second.

”You should rest then Molly. You don’t have many weeks left before this is all over.”

”Easy for you to say! You are not the one who has to carry it and gain fat and ruin my body forever.” Suddenly the tears starts running over my cheeks. ”Damnit Matthew, look at me when I talk with you!”

I walk up to him and snatches the paper from his grip, rips it and throws it to the floor and stomps on it. It drains my energy and I pant hard. It even hurts to breath.

He just looks at me with wide eyes.

”You did not just do that!”

”I did!”

He starts laughing and I sink down on the couch next to him, deadly tired while he is not even trying to calm himself down.

”You looked so funny!” he manage to say before he falls into laughter again.

”You are not the one who is getting kicked from the inside,” I complain. He puts his hands on my huge stomach to feel the baby kicks. Matt is going to be a great dad. I am going to be an awful mom. I can’t even suffer in silence.

”You two deserve someone better than me,” I say.

He shakes his head suddenly serious.

”We’ve been through this Molly. Your singing is who you are. You should only quit if that is what you want to do.”

”I can’t stop Matt. I can never stop and it scares me.”

”Of course you are scared, I am also scared. None of us had a baby before.”

”I feel weak Matt,” I whisper and feel the tiredness finally take over me. I don’t hear his answer, I am falling asleep.

-

I feel tired, so tired. I am sleeping on something hard and the blanket is thin and it is cold in here. I try to open my eyes but I can’t. I hear people talking in low voices but I can’t place them. My throat feels dry but I can’t move an inch to even ask for water. I slowly drift away again.

I wake up next time just as tired. A warm hand is holding mine in the cold room. It feels like I have an extra blanket on me this time. I manage to squeeze the hand back a bit.

”Molly?” Matt’s voice is tired and worried.

I force open my eyes. It looks like he’s been awake for days. I stare around in the dim lighted room a bit. I have several blankets on me and still I’m shaking.

”I’m in the hospital?” I manage to croak and he puts a glass of water close to my mouth and I take a few sips. It helps my throat a lot.

”You have a bad pneumonia,” he answer a bit shaken up. ”Our baby is fine, should be fine. That’s what the doctor is trying to convince me at least.”

I close my eyes.

”We will both be fine,” I whisper and falls back to sleep.

-