Blushing

I woke up in a rather uncomfortable position. I'm lying on the floor with my back against the door, legs crossed as if I was sitting up right but my torso slightly leaning to the left. I'm confused as to why I am here and then I remember what happened last night. I smile and blush when I remember the kiss, my eyes widen and my smile fades 'oh no,' I thought, 'I've just made our friendship extremely awkward, He probably doesn't want to see me... Whoa whoa whoa back the hell up Annabelle, we've been best friends since 3rd year there is no way he wont want to see you. It'll just be awkward so stop being so stupid. No wonder you're not a Ravenclaw.' I told myself as I got up and sorted myself out, I brushed my hair and went down to the common room with my book. I sat in the comfiest arm chair till I hear footsteps coming down the boys staircase. My body stiffened as I stared at the the words on the page, not taking any of them in. "So, funny thing happened last night." George said sitting down opposite me. "I was laying in bed asleep when Fred came up blabbering about how you kissed him. Care to explain?" He said softly.

"Two things George. 1) I don't want to talk about it and 2) I definitely don't want to talk about it with you." I say simply ."Oh and one more thing, I don't want to talk about it here." I say as I turn my gaze back to the book.
"I can solve one of those problems." George said as he jumped up, griped my wrist and dragged me through the halls to a cupboard on the 7th floor that I've never seen before. "Okay, spill." He demands as he closed the door. "Why did you kiss Fed?" He asked as I get my wand out and whisper Lumos.
"Was this cupboard always here?" I ask trying to distract him.
"Hey don't change the subject. Why did you kiss Fred?" He asked again.
"I don't know I was probably drunk with all the butterbeer I had." I lied, George shook his head.
"You can't get drunk on two bottles of butterbeer. You're gonna have to come up with a better lie than that." He says nonchalantly. I can't think of anything so I just stare at the ground. "Okay new tactic. Do you like Fred? As in like-like him." He asked, I felt heat rise to my cheeks and I continued to look down, I rubbed my arm and mumbled. "I don't know." A smirk grew on George's lips.
"I think you do ." He said in a sing-song voice.
"It doesn't matter okay! Now can I please go." I whine as I opened the door and left.
"Don't try and hide it Annabelle, I can tell you have a crush on him." He yelled as I made my way back to the common room, I turn around and yell back. "Yeah and you have a crush on Angelina Johnson, what's your point?" I turn back around but not before I catch him blushing. Awww.

I walked with Remus across the grounds on a cold late January morning. We've been talking about school and the Ministry, future jobs and Dad. I told Remus I sent a letter to Dad and that he replied with something similar. "Remus can I ask you something?" I ask seriously, even though my question is the complete opposite, he nods looking nervous. Hahaha! "What do teachers talk about in the staff room?" I can see the relief fill his face as he lets out a glad sigh. "Not much really, student's grades, the Ministry, the latest quidditch results from Madame Hooche." He replies, kicking a rock into a puddle.

"Do you talk about students? You know other than how they are in class." I asked curiously, I know it's silly but I'm a curious person.
"Yes we do, we talk about their behavior in the halls, their dedication to their houses. Professor McGonagall and the Runes teacher talk about student couples and friendships but I tend to stay out of it." He says casually and this sparks new curiosity in me.
"Really?" I ask and Remus nods.
"Yeah, who will end a friendship first, who will end up with who. They did it when I was at school apparently, they knew Lily would eventually fall for James and they knew your parents would end up together too." He says smiling, I smile too, it's nice to hear something like that. "They think you'll end up with one of the Weasley twins, the Runes teacher thinks you'll end up with George but McGonagall thinks you'll end up with Fred." Remus smirks, heat rises to my cheeks which causes his smirk to grow. We are almost back at the school and Remus wraps and arm around me. "I agree with McGonagall, you two suit each other." He says trying to not to sound too feminine. "You sound like Ginny. Are you sure you're not my Godmother?" I teased as I playfully punched him on the shoulder and walked into the Great Hall laughing.