Part 33: I Hate Ryker

My cellphone vibrated from where I had left it on the nightstand next to my bed. I leaned over to grab it when tattoos streaked across my vision and the phone was gone. I darted my eyes to Ryker who was standing beside my bed with his head bent, looking at my phone.

I jumped up so I was taller than him while standing on my bed.

"Give that back!" I yelled, launching myself at him.

Ryker swiped his arm out and I was knocked back on my ass. His face was lit up from the brightness on my phone screen as he opened the text message. He smirked when he read it.

"Sebastian said he had a great night with you and wants to do it again sometime," he said, mockingly.

My cheeks flamed bright red. Thank God it was dark in my room so Ryker couldn't see. Before he was ready for me, I leaped off my bed and jumped right at him. We crashed down on my bed. I landed sprawled across his legs and he landed on his back, somehow with his head on my pillows.

Footsteps walked down the hallway outside my door and my doorknob turned. I shot a wild look at Ryker and swept the sheets over him. Then I laid down beside him and pulled the sheets up to my neck, pretending to be asleep. My bed was so small that every inch of the side of my body touched him. My whole side felt as if it was on fire.

My door creaked open, spilling in some light from the hallway. I held my breath, closing my eyes.

"Eve?" My mom mumbled sleepily, "I thought I heard something in here."

I picked my head up, squinting into the light.

"Mom-"

Ryker moved so subtly that there was no way my mom would have been able to see the movement. His hand laid on my thigh and squeezed. My breath caught in my throat.

"Mom," I tried again, "You woke me up." Then I faked a yawn to prove it.

Ryker's hand slid up higher and I shoved my arm under the sheets and punched his arm.

"Okay," my mom said, backing out of my room.

Ryker snorted.

My mom stepped back in the room.

"What's so funny?" She asked, half awake.

"Uh, um your hair is a mess," I said on the spot.

She rolled her eyes and shut the door behind her. Ryker's hand jumped to my hip and pulled me right up against him. His body was so warm and I shivered.

"You're such a jerk," I hissed with my back pressed against his solid chest.

His arms wrapped around me, immobilizing me. I squirmed in his embrace, trying to get away from him.

His lips grazed my ear as he whispered, "Angel."

I stiffened. The metal ring on his lip tickled my ear when he said my name.

Then he was up in a flash. The sudden absence of his heat made goosebumps break out over my arms. Ryker was already across my room, standing in front of the open window.

"I told Hannah I'd be back soon. She's probably wondering where I am," Ryker said with his eyes trained on me.

I flipped him off and threw my last pillow at him. He easily dodged it and it sailed out the window. I slammed my hand down on my bed as Ryker pulled himself out the window. His muscles bulged beneath the tight shirt he was wearing and I almost drooled. Almost.

But then I realized who I was checking out and stuck my tongue out at his back even though he couldn't see me. I was so mature.

Ryker tossed his head back, flipping his hair, and said, "I don't do this often, so listen closely. I'm not repeating myself if you miss it."