Chapter Four

Hello .x

Your positive comments on Million Dollar Man have been so nice and they encourage me to write more and update faster! Oh and don't get me started on the votes! Nothing is better than posting a new chapter and then being OVERWHELMED by the amount of votes you guys give me!

Much love!

+++++

Chapter Four

I didn't know what was happening to me. It was almost as if my body had shut down, and I could no longer function.

I was going through withdrawal.

"Evelyn?" The sound of my door creaking open caused me to sit up abruptly. A dull ache spread over my neck and I let out a low groan of pain.

"Ev, please talk to me." A small smirk appeared when I noticed the bruise that had formed on Danny's cheek. I pressed my lips into a tight line and folded my arms in front of my chest.

"Why? Shouldn't you be packing right now?" I sneered, gibing him a nasty glare. Danny winced and moved towards my bed, sitting at the end of it. I ignored him, as he looked over my disheveled form, not at all caring that I looked like a complete mess.

"I didn't have a choice." His voice was firm, as if he were trying to convince himself at the same time.

"Oh really?" I spat out. "You didn't have a choice on whether you were going to tell me or just go behind my back and make this decision without my consent in the matter?"

His eyes darkened and he clenched his hands together to form tight fists.

"Shut up, Evelyn. You just don't get it! You don't know what it's like to run a gang, to have any real responsibilities! Everything comes easy to you, and to top it all off, you are a proper bitch about it all the time!" He was breathing deeply at the end of it, and he ran his hand through his hair, something he only did when he was very upset about something.

"Are you kidding me?" I asked, pulling myself out of bed. "Nothing comes easy to me."

"Have you ever killed someone? Have you ever had to take the life of someone? Or do you just play around and have fun, then leave the dirty work to the rest of the gang?" He stood up to his full height, and towered over me angrily.

"No! Because that's not my job, Danny! But don't you act like I haven't done my part for this gang. Just because I've never killed someone doesn't mean shit." I tilted my head to stare at him in a hostile manner. "You loved the power you got from being a leader, so don't act like this was all thrown on you at once."

"I am sorry Evelyn, I'm so sorry, but there is nothing I can do about it." Danny said, grasping onto my elbows. He looked so desperate, that it actually made me feel bad, only for a second that is.

"Just go," I muttered, looking away from him. "You have a lot of work to do before you go running off into hiding with your tail between your legs."

"Bloody hell Evie," Danny muttered, turning away from me and leaving my room without a second glance back at me.

Rolling my eyes, I turned back to my bed, no longer finding the comfort in it as I had seen before. Letting out a sigh of exasperation, I walked into my bathroom and quickly stripped, climbing into the shower eagerly.

The warm beads of water massaged into my skin, and I let my eyes close and savor the relaxation and state of peace that it brought me. I was under so much stress that this was exactly what I needed.

As surprising as it may seem, I didn't hate my brother. He was my only true family left, and no matter what, I could never just write him off like that.