Chapter Ten: Feeling Human

A/N: Hey guys, another long one for you - hope you like it.

Please leave your comments, as always I love to read them and see what you think. You guys are amazing and I want to thank you all so much for reading these books. It honestly means the world to me.

Enjoy!

~ ~ ~

Chapter Ten: Feeling Human

"You'll like them, I swear," Stiles said as he and Kyle made their way up to the room in the elevator. "I mean don't listen to anything they say about me because it's almost definitely going to be lies but you'll like them."

Kyle grinned and shook his head a little.

"So is everything okay? I mean, Derek doesn't show up but two of your friends do?" he asked. "You sure you're alright?"

"It's cute how much you worry," Stiles grinned.

"Oh I'm not worried, I just don't want to have to be sitting with you all night if you're going to have a breakdown," he said.

"I'm fine Kyle," he said.

"You and Derek didn't break up or anything did you?"

"No, there was no break up, you're just going to have to stay disappointed in that regard," he said and Kyle laughed.

"I'm heartbroken, truly," he said.

"Shut up," Stiles said as they walked down the hall and into the room.

Erica was sitting on the bed while Isaac paced back and forth by the window and Stiles raised an eyebrow as they both looked up at him.

"Did I just walk in on something weird?" he asked.

"No," they said together.

"Okay then... this is Kyle, be nice and stop acting like that," he said.

"We're not acting like anything Stiles," Erica said with a roll of her eyes. "It's good to finally meet you, face to the name and all."

"You too," Kyle said. "I brought some stuff to drink if you guys want to get into it early?"

Isaac looked nervously over at Erica who shot him a subtle look.

"The best suggestion I've heard all day," she said.

*

Cora had been quiet since they had returned from the old Hale house, not that Derek had seen her be overly chatty since she came back into his life but that evening the silence was more than noticeable.

He wanted to ask if she was okay, if it had been too much, but somehow he knew the answer and it felt like a question he didn't need to raise.

She had gone up to the extra room when they had got back, he hadn't heard from her in a few hours before she came back downstairs. She grabbed a glass of water and he watched as she came into the living area to sit opposite him on the armchair.

He closed his book and eyed her thoughtfully but she just stared off at the far wall.

"It was different than I thought it would be," she said. "I mean not that I had any real expectations but somehow it was different."

"You'd thought about coming back?" he asked.

"For a long time," she nodded. "Just for closure or, to prove that it really happened or to just ruin all my memories like I thought it might."

"Ruin them?"

"Yeah, like they say if the last memory you have of someone is a really bad one it can taint the rest of them," she said. "I thought maybe if I had a bad memory of that place the rest of them wouldn't seem so great and it wouldn't hurt as much. Turns out that's just not true."