Chapter 16 - Revelation Time

Am I quick or am I quick :)

"Who is it?", I still wanted to confirm even after guessing who it was.

"Hahaha.. Nandini you heard from me a while back and can't recognize me now", the voice was lent a proper frame now and he took a step forward and I saw his features appear in the vague moonlight.

"Cabir!!!", I heaved a nervous sigh. Of course his appearance in that fashion didn't give me much of a good vibes but I tried to calm myself being sure that Manik was around.

"That water worked wonders..you slept for more than 5 hours", he remarked with a smirk that scared me more.

"What??..the water had something?..you mixed something in it?", the strange revelation puzzled me more, "Where is Manik??", I really needed to know with the fear sinking in now.

Cabir let out a wild scowl and quickly shifted by my side, "You are still waiting for him...aww my nave girl...you still haven't got the whole game...okay okay don't worry I can tell you the story...I can of course fulfill your last wish", he swayed in front of me like a dark frightening shadow.

I was still trying to understand things by my own because this Cabir wasn't making any sense to me. Even though I hadn't known him much but with whatever I did, he always came across as a friendly person. Probably the first person I was a little comfortable with, also because he was our tour manager...okay now I know all of it was a facade and they were out on some mission but still he was friends with Manik..wait does that mean Manik knew about all of this and he left me with him purposely.

"See you are again stressing your tiny brain...no need na..I told you I will telling you the whole story but one thing I couldn't understand how can you fall head over heels for a guy in just 6 days...kuch baat toh hai Manik mein that he tossed you around his little finger all this while", he tried to sound funny and amused at the same time.

"Stop this pathetic non-sense of yours and tell me where Manik is", I charged him fearlessly trying to win over my tears with which I was battling every moment.

The sly smile on his face vanished and an ugly frown took over, "You don't talk to me in that tone girl...I am no Manik who will tolerate your nonsensical behavior", he pulled out his gun and placed on my head, digging the barrel into my forehead. I crawled backwards on the bed and he moved forward with an evil grin.

"Please I want to see Manik..please", I begged him

"You still want Manik..", he let out a devilish laughter, "Apparently the person you got you into this mess and also left..."

"Manik cant do this to me...you are lying", I really didn't want to believe his words that Manik left me with him even after knowing his intentions.

"Yeah that's true...lying...thats the only what we have been doing all these days and your dear Manik...I am sorry to burst your bubble but he is the biggest liar ever..I mean to you...so let me start from the start..we all boarded in this tour..I became the tour manager and Manik, Mukti and Abhimanyu became the tour members..you know what Manik and Mukti were supposed to play a couple but then probably you cropped in and at the end moment Manik changed the partners and made Mukti and Abhimanyu together and we started our mission to get the chip and the circuit..I am sure you have a clue about it by now"

"I know that...Manik has already told me about it", I blurted gulping down the first bit of revelations of what I already had a rough idea.

"Hahaha let me guess what he has told you...that the chip contains information about all the drug lords and peddling racket in our country...right? well good for you that's not entirely wrong but not the whole truth either...that chip contains secret information about us too... yes US..the biggest smuggling gang of this country and if that chip reached the cops then we would have been finished"