Chapter 19

Chomp made his way towards me, with a sad expression on his face. Even though Chompers had no eyes I could tell what he was feeling, especially due to all the years that we knew each other. Ever since the zombies started taking over it's really took a toll on us. Like the deaths of so many of our friends, and maybe with the help of Penny and Rose we could go back in time and save the others or prevent the zombies from taking over.
"Hey." He greeted, as he approached the side of my bed.
I stared at him silently. He was so distant from me and then all of a sudden he wanted to talk to me out of nowhere. I had no idea if I should've been ok with this or upset.
"What do you want?" I asked in a voice that was sassier than I intended it to be.
Chomp noticed this, and he muttered his apologies about my new form and eye.
"This war has really tore us apart." Chomp murmured. "I don't know if I can take it,  especially with all the deaths."
"Calm down." I mused. "We're in a backyard, we're safe here."
"But for how long?"
I didn't know. I stared at him and dropped my head.
"I'm sorry I've been distant." Chomp apologized.
"It's alright." I was glad that we were finally talking, and that he was sorry for keeping his distance. I've felt like I've messed something up between us but Chomp was coming through.
"It's not alright," he began. "I need to stay away. It's hard to believe, but Rose saw something in my future about you."
"What? "
He shook his head. "I just think it's better,  that I tell you now. I can't stay around you for long. It's for your protection."
"No! Chomp, you can't abandon me! Not after all this crap!"
He hung his head,  and then he rushed out of the room.
"Sorry."
"Chomp! Chomp tell me what's going on!" I pushed the blankets off of me,  and kicked my petals off the side of the bed. My roots were like jelly, and I collided onto the ground. Everything hurt, my stem, my emotions. I pulled myself back up and held onto the bed. I had to regain some balance, and make sure that everything was leveled out since the room seemed to be swirling. Then I made my way to the door in hopes of chasing down Chomp, but KC stopped me.
"What are you doing?  You need to rest!"
"Please, I need to see Chomp."
"I can't let you," KC turned me back and led me back to the room.
"Please I need to speak with him!"
"I'll tell him for you,  but please get some rest. Here's some water to help you feel better."
After he got me back in the bed, he set the water down on the table.
"You don't understand!"
"Look, no one is gonna leave the backyard. I'll make sure of it, so you don't have to worry about Chomp."
"Are you sure? At least tell him that I need to speak to him, to clarify some things."
KC patted my petals. "I promise, now just get some rest."
"Wait!" I pulled on his arm. "How's Citrus- I mean..  Future Cactus? "
"She's resting,  like you should be doing. She'll be alright though, Rose and Citron know what they're doing."
"What about Pea?  How's he?"
"He's down by the garage with Torchwood."
Torchwood?
"Who's that? "
"He's a tree trunk, apparently he lived here. He was out working with his brothers while we were here but came back when you were unconscious, and he let us stay. Said that all plants were welcome,  and that it was nice to see some fresh faces around."

AN: hey guys,  sorry it's been forever since I've wrote. I graduated high school,  but now I'm dealing with work and college so it's hard to get any time for myself. I've been getting a lot of support and messages and it's really encouraging to see you all enjoying this story. I'm gonna try to add more content, especially with the new updates and characters coming out soon. Maybe you guys can look forward to some new shipping pairs I have in mind ;) I hope you guys enjoyed.