THIRTY-EIGHT; HOUSE OF MEMORIES

GOAL: 10 COMMENTS THAT DON'T SAY "UPDATE!"

THIRTY-EIGHT; HOUSE OF MEMORIES (S3E13)

~

Estella walked down the stairs of the Gilbert, rubbing her eyes as she walked into the kitchen. She blinked slightly, eyes adjusting to the light.

"Morning. Coffee?" Elena asked her.

"Is that even a question?" Estella replied with a smirk. Elena laughed and handed her a mug.

"Blood bags are outside, in the freezer. I took a few from Damon and Stefan," Elena remarked.

"You're very kind, and I want you to know I appreciate you as a human," Estella declared, turning on her heel to mix the blood with her coffee.

She returned to see Alaric walking into the kitchen, looking very hungover. Estella sat on the barstool, sipping her coffee as she watched the man stumble around.

"I thought vampires didn't need sleep?" Alaric asked her.

"Doesn't mean we don't like it," Estella replied. "It's like human food. Not necessary, but fun to have."

Alaric hummed, blinking the sleep away from his eyes.

"You're hungover," Estella declared.

"Yeah, sorry about that. It was a bit of a weird night," Alaric mumbled, shuffling through the refrigerator.

"I told you you don't have to feel guilty about inviting Meredith over here," Elena told him.

"Oh I know. And I thank you for that. But I do feel guilty for whiskey dialing her at two in the morning," Alaric remarked, wincing at his stupidity. Estella snickered in her coffee yet didn't say anything.

"No you didn't," Elena said to him disbelievingly.

"Oh, yes I did," Alaric replied.

"Brutal," Estella commented with a shake of her head.

"Oh, was she cool about it?" Elena asked him with a small frown.

"Well, as soon as these aspirin kick in and I remember the conversation, I'll let you know," Alaric declared.

The doorbell rang behind them. Elena and Estella went to open the door, Alaric trailing after them. Behind it, Sheriff Forbes stood with a plastic evidence bag, only making Estella grow confused.

"Sheriff Forbes, hi," Elena greeted, also confused. "Is everything okay?"

"This is an unconventional conversation we're about to have. So I hope you'll protect me on it," Sheriff Forbes stated, looking at Alaric.

"Of course," Alaric agreed.

"I assume you both heard our medical examiner was murdered the night of the Wickery Bridge fundraiser," Sheriff Forbes declared.

"Yeah. Brian Walters. Why?" Estella asked her, remembering hearing something on the local news.

"We've been investigating. Someone drove this stake through his heart." Sheriff Forbes pulled out a stake from the evidence bag. Estella recognized it immediately.