Reunited Part 1

Fred and I have been dating for a week or two now and it's coming to the end of term, there has been no news about Dad lately so I know he's okay. Remus and I are getting along a lot better now and I've done really well in my O.W.LS....I think.

We went down to dinner and sat with everyone else, Angelina and Alicia are worrying about their Divinations exam. "In my opinion Trelawney is a nut job. No one takes her seriously because every year she predicts someone will die and so far no deaths." I said whilst piling BBQ ribs onto my plate. Fred chuckled and I looked at him confusedly. "What?" I asked.
"Well I agree with you about Trelawney for starters, but also I love it how you pile your plate with ribs and no salad." He said chuckling again.
"What so girls can't eat meat?" I asked defensively.
"Hell no, I'm with you, down with the vegetables, screw them all!" Fred said defiantly.
"Don't let mum hear you say that, she'll have your head." Ginny said as she sat with us. We all burst into laughter and finished eating.

We got up and left the Great Hall to go back to the common room. Everyone apart from Fred made their way up the stairs to the common room, he grabbed my hand and pulled me to the Entrance hall. "Would you like to go on an evening walk with me love?" He asked softly and I giggled.
"Yes, I would love to Freddie." I took his arm as we strolled around the grounds and around the Black Lake. "The Black Lake is named after my family you know." I said jokingly as we sat at our tree and watched the sun set behind the mountains. "Really?" Fred said raising his eyebrows.
"No it's not and you would know that if you read Hogwarts: A History." I replied nudging his ribs lightly and we both laughed. "As if I'd read that." He glanced at his watch. "It's about eight, do you want to go back up to the common room?" Fred asked standing up, I stayed sat down.
"No, I think I'll stay out here for a bit longer." I replied softly.
"Alright love, don't be out here too long though." He bent down and kissed my temple and made his way back to the castle.

When I saw him walk through the large oak doors I heard a scream, I shot to my feet and ran in the direction of it. They were a girl's scream that sounded familiar. When I got to the source of the screaming I found Harry and 'Mione being attacked by the Womping Willow. "Harry, 'Mione what are you doing out here?" I yelled as Crookshanks stilled the tree by standing on a knot.
"Oh we were just trying not to get killed, you know the usual." Harry snapped sarcastically as he climbed into the tunnel and I followed them with my wand out. "Where does this tunnel lead to?" Hermione asked from in front of me. "The Shrieking Shack." I said quickly, remembering the stories.
"How do you know?" She asked.
"Erm, The Marauders Map." I said quickly.

We continued to crawl for ages until the ground began to rise and we saw a light at the end. We raised our wands and entered the small, dusty room, the paper was pealing from the walls and the furniture was broken up. I glanced at a broken wardrobe and saw scratch marks going down the door. This is where Moony used to go during full moon when Dad, James and Peter helped him. "Ghosts didn't do that." Harry said slowly as he glanced at a chair with it's legs ripped off. I swallowed as we heard creaking upstairs. "Come on." I said as I made my way up the old, creaky stairs.

We reached the landing and whispered 'nox', our wands went out and we walked slowly through the only open door. When we walked into the room we saw Ron sitting on a broken four poster bed with a large gash down his leg that was bent at a funny angle. "Wheres the dog?"Harry asked from next to Ron, my ears perked up and my head snapped to the boys. "Dog?" I asked curiously.
"Not a dog, Harry it's a trap." Ron said through gritted teeth.
"What?" Harry said.
"He's the dog...he's and Animagus..." Ron said. My stomach dropped, we all turned to look at where Ron was staring. With a snap the door shut and dad came out of the shadows, my face lit up and I breathed a sigh of relief. "Dad!" I yelled as I rushed over to him and jumped into his arms, he wrapped his arms around me and held me there. His hair was dirty and matted and his eyes were sunken, he was really pale and his teeth were yellow through his happy grin.