Chapter 9 ~ Playing tag with the big bad wolf

After having a minor breakdown by myself I slowly turned my eyes on Ash and I realized pretty quickly that he was taking this way more calmly then I was. Maybe he had been brainwashed to believe in men who were wolves too?

"You're making a scary face, just so you know." I said, shooting Ash a small smirk as he turned his eyes on me.

"Yeah? I was thinking on how to best kill you without Ethan noticing..." He shot back and I couldn't help it as I rolled my eyes at him in amusement. For some reason I knew that that wouldn't work out too well for him. I could feel Ethan's eyes on me even now when he was discussing things with others so I had a hard time believing that he would miss it if Ash was to try and kill me here and now. Well he could try if he wanted to I'm sure I could take him in a fight.

"I bet you were. Anyway are we going to sit here all day or are we actually going to move?" I said, changing the subject from the one thing I didn't want to think about right now. Ethan's way of acting was bothering me too much already so I didn't need anything more to analyze and fret over.

Instead I watched as Ash asked Kate what she wanted to do and I cheered internally when she suggested going swimming. It had been so long since I last visited a beach or something similar and I loved water. What made it all even more fun was that I knew that Ash hated swimming with a passion. Seeing him pale when Kate asked if we could go swimming was the best feeling in the world right now. Oh damn, I'm evil...

Before Ash could answer her Alex agreed to her request and by the look of how happy she became I knew that Ash wouldn't be able to say no now.

"Yes! Yes! Yes! Did you hear that Matt? We're actually going swimming!" Kate chimed and I smiled brightly at her enthusiasm. She was too adorable when she was this happy.

"Mhm I heard it loud and clear and do you know what? I think you should go pack a towel immediately. Come on I'll race yah!" I yelled, jumping up from my seat and taking off in the direction of the kitchen entrance. Kate was at my heels in a second and I could feel her small hands clutch my shirt, forcing me to slow down so she could run past me. That sneaky little...

Since I was busy chasing Kate along the corridor on the ground floor I didn't notice Ash being thrown over Alex's shoulder and taken somewhere else entirely. Well even if I had noticed there probably wasn't much I could do to help him so it wasn't that bad. Plus if I had heard their argument I'm sure I'd been on Alex side. Hahaha... damn I really was turning evil...

"Come here you little weasel!" I growled playfully, chasing Kate and finally getting a grip around her waist. I didn't waste a second as I lifted her up in the air and turned her up-side- down by taking a hold around both her ankles. I held her on arm's length and smirked as she burst out into a fit of giggles, flaying her arms in the air like a bird. I couldn't help it as I joined in and started laughing at the picture of her hanging up-side-down in the air, her face gaining color as the blood rushed to her tiny head. She was sooo cute.

"Hihihi Maaaatt! Let me doooown! Maaaatt!" Kate began and I could feel the grin on my face widen considerably.

"Huh... did you say something? I can't seem to hear you little rabbit." I taunted, swingin her in the air slightly which made her giggle all the more.

"Mean Matt!" Kate said, laughing at the way it almost rhymed. I was just about to answer her when someone cleared their throat from behind us. I turned around and my eyes settled on Ethan's amused expression.

"Are you bullying a five year- old Matt...?" He said, raising a perfect eyebrow at me as he leaned his shoulder against the wall of the corridor. Fuck if the action didn't make him look even hotter than he already was...