-16-

CHAPTER SIXTEEN | MORNING

Pyro's P.O.V. 

I could feel the rays of the morning sun against my skin, brushing me with warmth, sunbathing in the light of the rising sun. There was something about this morning that was different from every morning this week. 

Besides being drain from using my powers to get home, I was fine.

I still felt on edge, but it wasn't as heavy on my shoulders.  Maybe I just wanted to have hope in Ylva's plan.  It Ylva seemed to work the way she wanted it. From what she was telling me, they were shocked that she was the one with the white wolf. I guess they thought it was Tasha since she been acting like she's high and mightily. My mother tells me, Tasha is the total opposite of what a white wolf acts typically. They don't seek attention.

I'm glad that I did this with Ylva. Out of both Ylva and Tasha, Ylva deserves a little more attention than Tasha.

When I look back on last night, it felt good running through the woods in my wolf form. The feeling the soft ground beneath my paws. The brushing of the wind against my fur. I nearly forgot how fast I was. It's been years since I ran like that run, way before I knew about the danger.

That run did put a workout on my wolf, and I haven't heard from her all morning. Maybe I need to do more runs to keep her like this.  

I made my downstairs to the kitchen, knowing that's where my mother would probably be. She was an early bird and working on something in the kitchen. And if my mother is up, there is a good chance that Ylva was up helping her.

"Good morning, everyone!" I sang to them.

Both Ylva and our mother would look at me if I had horns going on the top of my head.

"What, I can't say good morning?'

"Well, this week hasn't been a so-called good morning week for you," My mother went back to cooking the bacon as she continues to talk "it's  good to see you smiling instead of yelling like a mad man." 

"Well, you can't blame me. It was a lot to take in just one week." I told her as  I went to set the table.

I couldn't help but feel like I was a new person. Ylva had taken a burden off my shoulders.  I do hope that the attention doesn't overwhelm her or change her.  

Ylva came up beside me, sliding eggs on to the plates as I place them on to the table.

"How was your morning?" Ylva asked with a smile on her face.

"It's ok, and yours?" 

"Same and just set plates for four."

"Four, who is not here?" I ask, picking up the extra plates.