Chapter 27

Sorry for the wait on the chapter, if u haven't read my status.. it was because if family problems! So anyways this is dedicated to one of my editors: Aimee_Withrow

(I will send you chapters before I go on vacation this week!)

Enjoy!

=== ==== ===

Mari's POV

=== ==== ===

-Unconscious State-

Daddy, I want to go higher!” I whined, and tried to swing to the highest point I could with my daddy's help and my tiny toddler legs.

Okay, no more. I think I can hear your mother calling us for dinner.” My father chuckled, and soon I started to slow into a stop. I sat there on the swing for a moment, with a pout on my face. I thought about what my daddy said.

I couldn't hear mommy, but he could? I never got that. Its happened a few times before, but the same thing always happened. All the adults and teenagers must be super heroes!

My daddy grabbed my hand, and used his free one to wipe the pout off my face. “Whats wrong sweet pea?” I hated how concerned he looked. It made me sad, for some unknown reason.

Nothing daddy, it's just that... I want to be just like you and everyone else when I grow up!” I screamed.

He shook his head and squat down to my eye level, “I have no idea what you mean..” His eyes sparkled with confusion, and pouted again. Was his superpower supposed to be secret?

You are so fast! And, it seems like you can hear from miles away!”

He muttered what sounded like, “Never knew my kid would be so smart,” Then he looked back at me with similar blue eyes, “Well... You will know in time my little Elle. But don't worry, you will be just like the grown ups some day! Your mother and I will be there for you when it comes..”

After that, I was slightly dazed thinking of myself all grown up. I wanted to be just like Barbie... but I guess being a super hero is better. I gasped, my dad side glancing me, I could be Super Barbie!

Wow, I can't wait to be older!

-Years later-

Hey Mari.” I heard a slightly cracked voice from behind me. I turned around in my desk chair to see a cute boy standing in my doorway. I just met him a couple weeks ago and we became a little bit closer. I had learned he was 15, or was it 16? I had no clue, but what I did remember was that he seemed to have all the girls in the neighbor hood dropping to his feet.

Hi Ray, how was that date with Hilary?” I have never dated a boy, never mind kissed one. I mean, I was only thirteen. Everything can't happen the year you turn into a teenager. But I'm glad I was finally a teenager though. Being called a 'pup' for 12 years was not fun. All the adults called us that. A pup? What kind of nickname is that?

It was great... She was really clingy though. Not like you! You always keep your distance because-” A devilish grin grew on his face and I stopped him mid sentence.