Chapter 28

Chapter 28

Winter's POV

    Once we got to the house, Landon, Nova, Kaine, and I all took turns showering. I was in the shower at the moment, and was scrubbing my skin raw. The ghost touch was there, and I hated it. Sure I was crying, and sure I was upset. I tried to calm myself down, but it wasn't helpful. I decided to get out of the shower and turn the water off. I had a towel wrapped around me, and walked into my room.

    I laid my clothes out and got dressed. I was sliding the sweatshirt I stole from Kaine over my head when there was a knock on my door, and it was opened. I stood ready to fight, but saw Kaine and Mr.Kormack. They came in and Kaine closed the door gently.

    I felt horrible. Other people were going to hurt me, and I wasn't able to stop them. I would have been unfaithful to the boys, and that bothered me a great deal.  Kaine ran his thumb over my cheek, and sighed.

    "Stop crying." He whispered and I hadn't realized I was. I sniffled and buried my face in his neck. He held me tight, and set his head on my shoulder. "Sh Princess." He said and kissed my temple. My body wracked in sobs. 

    "I-If I hadn't run of-" Mr.Kormack silenced me with a growl.

    "Enough Winter. You're safe now. Your parents think it would be best if you came to my house with Kaine." He said and I nodded. I'll just agree because I'm tired, sore, and scared.

    After a small drive, we arrived at Mr.Kormack's house which was all too familiar. He opened the car door for me and I stepped out. It was a bit chilly, and Eden was present, but I ignored her. The three of us made our way into the house, and I went for Mr.Kormack's room. The two boys were talking, and I didn't want to bother them.

    I slipped my shoes off, then slid into the bed. It was so comfy, but it was cold. And right now I want to be warm.

    I closed my eyes for a few seconds, and didn't recall falling asleep, but when I woke to the door opening, and the sound of footsteps, I was happy to see my boys. Kaine slid off his shirt, and kicked off his jeans, then slipped into bed. Mr.Kormack took off his sweatshirt and slid into bed. He was in basketball shorts at the moment. I cuddled into Kaine not realizing. Mr.Kormack had a hand on my back, and I needed more contact.