It's Good to be Evil

Marissa stood at her locker which just so happened to be next to Mal's. Mal was looking through her new school books and Marissa was humming quietly. She had a lovely singing voice, but of course, Marissa would never admit such a thing. Even her fellow Descendant's were unaware of her hidden talent. Well, all except for Evie. She had walked in on Marissa singing in an empty room at Dragon Hall. Marissa made her swear not to tell a soul, and so far Evie had kept her promise.
        Ben, Chad, Finn, and Audrey walked out from one of their classes laughing together. Finn was a good friend of Ben's, his best friend to be exact. Both their parents were extremely close, so the boys practically grew up together. They considered each other as brothers. Audrey and Chad's laughter died down dramatically as they made their way outside.
       "Those kids are trouble," Chad said, nudging Ben and pointing to wear the three villain girls stood. Finn followed Finn's direction and spotted the girl he had run into earlier. So she was one of the villain kids? No wonder he hadn't seen her around before.
       "Bye Mal, Bye Rissa," Evie said, turning around to leave.
      "Bye," they replied.
      "Come on, Chad. Give them a chance," Ben told Chad
       Audrey laughed, and pulled her sunglasses up and rested them a top her head. Gently, she took his hands into her own. "No offense Benny Bear," she said. Finn rolled his eyes. He had never really like Audrey, and thought Ben deserved better then a fake princess who thinks she's better then everyone else. But he kept his mouth shut, he just wanted Ben to be happy. "But you're just too trusting. I know your mother fell in love with a big nasty beast who turned out to be a prince. But with my mom the evil fairy was just the evil fairy. The purple haired girl's mother," she whispered the last part and her eyes quickly darted to Mal. "Or think about that Marissa Gothel girl." Finn bit his lip. He knew Gothel's kid was coming to Auradon, he should have figured it was her. The way she had spoken to him was like no girl ever had before. It was actually kind of refreshing. "Her mother captured a child and abused her for eighteen years, and for what? Youth?! We can't trust them, any of them."
       "I think you're wrong about them," Ben said. "See you later." Audrey let out a frustrated sigh and strutted off, Chad following. Finn was about to head his own way, when Ben grabbed his shoulder. "Hold on, Finn. I want you to meet Mal and Marissa. You weren't able to attend the welcoming and meet them, so I thought I should properly introduce you."
        Finn nodded, "Sure, Ben." The boys walked towards both girls, Ben leaned against the locker next to Mal's and Finn stood next to him. Marissa looked past Mal as she closed her locker, revealing Ben, casually leaning on the locker next to them. And right next to him was Finn. Marissa glared at him. He smirked at her in return.
        "Hey," Ben greeted both girls.
         Marissa snapped her gaze away from Finn, having heard Ben's voice. "Hey," Mal replied, a bit unsure of the situation.
       "How was your first day?"
        Mal pursed her lips, "Super." She lied.
       "Oh, well I wanted to introduce you two to a friend of mine," Ben said, gesturing towards Finn. "This is--"
       "Finn Fitzherbert," Marissa interrupted. "We've already met," she added blankly.
       Finn nodded, a sly grin on his face. "Oh yes, one of the best moments of my life, Gothel."
       Marissa glared at him, "How'd you--?"
       Finn chuckled, "No other girl in the school has the guts to talk to me like you did." He shrugged. "Plus, Ben told me."
       Ben nodded and looked back at Mal's locker, noticing the fine art. "You know, you should really consider taking this talent off the locker and into art class," he suggested. "I could, uh, sign you up. What do you think?"
       Just then, Jane walked by the four some, whimpering at the presence of Mal and Marissa.  Marissa watched her enter the bathroom and smirked, she gently nudged Mal who gave her a similar smirk. Mal looked to Ben and smiled mischievously. "Way to take all the fun out of it." She turned around and headed in the same direction as Jane. Marissa took one last glance at Finn, sending him a deadly glare, before following after Mal.
       "Huh," Ben breathed, leaning his back completely against the lockers. Finn rolled his eyes at his friend, patting him on the shoulder before walking off to his next class.

      Jane looked at herself in the bathroom mirror, trying to fix her hair, hoping to improve any little flaw she saw. Mal and Marissa walked in, and Jane froze, seeing the villainous daughters. "Hi,"  Mal greeted with a fake smile. "It's Jane right? I always loved that name. Jane."
      "It's cool," Jane said quietly, and took a step trying to leave.
      "Don't go!" Marissa said, stepping in front of her to stop her from leaving. Jane looked up slowly at Marissa. Understanding the tenderness in the situation Marissa decided to play Jane right into her hand a little differently. "I guess, we were just kind of hoping to make a friend." She looked at Jane with sad eyes. "You probably have all the friends you need though, huh?"
       "Hardly."
       Mal looked at her with fake surprise, "Really?" her voice was kept quiet and sincere. "I mean, with your mom being Fairy Godmother and Headmistress.
       Marissa studied her. "And not to mention your own, um," she looked at Jane. "Personality."
      "I'd rather be pretty," Jane admitted. "You both have great hair."
      "You know what?" Mal exclaimed. "I have just the thing for that." She brought out her spell book and laid it in her hand's palm, flipping through the pages for the right spell. "Here! Beware, foreswear, replace the old with brand new hair." Mal slammed the book shut and moved her fingers around in a cross. Jane duck down and stood up hesitantly a moment later. She turned to look at herself in the mirror and gasped.
       "Wow," Marissa fake marveled from Jane's left side. "You don' even notice your...other features any more."
      Jane looked down and Mal's book and smiled widely. "Do my nose!" she begged excitedly.
     "Oh, I can't," Mal apologized. "I've been practicing, but I can't really do any big magic." She gestured to Jane's voice that had lost the wide smile.
       "Not like your mom, with her wand," said Marissa, hoping to coax some information out of her. "I mean, one swoosh from that thing and you could probably have whatever features you want."
        "She doesn't use the wand anymore," Jane told them. "She believes that real magic is the books. And not the spell books. Regular books with history and stuff."
        Mal scoffed. "What a rip."
        "Yeah," Jane agreed quietly.
        "You know she used magic on Cinderella, who wasn't even her real daughter," Marissa said, trying to manipulate her even further. "Doesn't she love you?"
       "Of course she does," Jane said. "It's just, you know. Work on the inside, not the outside. That sort of thing." Jane looked down sadly.
      "That's the face!" Mal shouted. Jane looked up, surprised at the sudden outburst. "And then, just look as if your heart is about to break." Mal looked to Marissa, hoping for a flawless demonstration, after all, nobody could do manipulation like Gothel's daughter.
        Marissa nodded, and put on her saddest face, almost looking as if she were about to cry. "Oh mother. I just don't understand why you can't make my beautiful to." Marissa put her fake smile back on and looked at Jane, whose face was filled with awe.
      "You really think that'll work?"
       Marissa nodded reassuringly, "Yeah. I mean that's what old Cindy did, and your mother Bibbidi Bobbidi Booed the living daylights out of her."
      "And, hey," Mal said, sitting up on the bathroom sink's counter. "If your mom does decide to break out the old wand. Invite us."
      Jane smiled at them, "If I can convince mom, you're so there."
      Mal applauded her hands together softly, "Yay."
      Finally Jane left and Marissa let her smirk back on her face, "It's good to be evil."
     Mal smirked in agreement, "You've got that right."
    They looked at each other and said in unison, "Long Live Evil."