Chapter Fourteen: Words Unspoken

"Zahra seriously looked like a fish out of water

"Zahra seriously looked like a fish out of water." -Zamzam Amin, IASWAD.

CHAPTER FOURTEEN: Words Unspoken

Zamzam Amin

"Hey Scarfy." Adam said as he sat down on the seat in front of me. I resisted the urge to roll my eyes at him and turned back to my laptop. I continued to type the thesis for our essay which is due in two days. I can't believe we didn't get much done for this stupid project. This is so not like me to wait until the last minute to finish something. For a couple of seconds he just stared at me as I wrote. "What?" I finally snapped. "Nothing it's just," He leaned forward on the table. "I think you're getting to me." He stared me in the eyes as he said that.

Hold up, am I dreaming? Is the big bad Adam Mathews giving up already? Did he really just admit that I'm getting through to him? "For the past couple of weeks you've got me thinking about stuff I never thought about. Don't get me wrong I'm not giving up or anything. I'm just speaking my thoughts."

I didn't say anything and neither did he.

"Uhm," I cleared my throat trying to get rid of the awkwardness in the air. Suddenly the Adhaan app I had on my phone went off indicating it was Asr time. I quietly got out of my chair and was about to head to another room when Adam stopped me. "Where are you going?" He asked with a raised eyebrow. "I have to go pray." I answered simply.

"Pray?" He looked confused.

"Yeah I'll be back." I then left him and went to a vacant room.

* * *

After I was done praying I walked back and noticed Adam sitting there talking to a pretty brunette. Well not talking, more like shamelessly flirting with her. Of course he would be, once a playboy always a playboy. Walking up to my seat, I sit down and grab my laptop. "Call me, okay?" She giggled as she walked away.

"Sorry where were we?" He turned back to me with a smirk on his face. I finished up typing the thesis and the intro paragraph for our essay and now all we need is two body paragraphs along with an ending one.

"I'm going to do two paragraphs and then you could do the rest and for our visual I could just draw something for it." I said as I closed my laptop and put it in my bag. "That sounds good enough." He responded, getting up out of the chair. Suddenly something came into my mind. "Hey how did you and Isa become friends? Last time I saw you guys together before the other day, you guys couldn't stand the sight of each other."

How do they go from not liking each other one second and then suddenly become best friends the next? He walked up to me and smiled, "That is for me to know and for you to figure out."