Chapter 41- Story Telling

I quickly hopped of the RV and ran straight to Tayler. I tackled her to the ground and we held each other in our arms for a minute.

"Oh my god." Jason said quietly. He pulled me away from Tayler and looked me in the eyes.

"Where the hell have you been?!" He yelled at me. I crossed my arms and looked him in the eye.

I told him my story, loud enough so Tayler and Daryl would hear. I didn't want to have to repeat it again.

When I finally finished Jason stared at me for a long while. Then he bear hugged me, squeezing all of the air from my lungs.

I started to cough and he released me, he still looked concerned but he was going to have to deal with it.

I looked over to Tayler who was stabbing a needle into herself, I cringed and looked away.

Jason started to climb on top of the RV, Tayler winced and I looked over. She had pulled the needle from her arm and a small amount of blood was leaking out of her arm.

I cringed and walked over to her, I pulled the handkerchief from my pocket and handed it to her.

"Here, Use this." I said, looking away from her arm. She took the handkerchief from my hand and tied it around her arm.

"Thanks." She mumbled. I looked down at her blue medical bag, there was only a few bottles of insulin left.

"You're running out." I said quietly. She sighed and rubbed her forehead.

"I know, I know. We're gonna need to find a medical center." She said quietly.

I frowned and looked at Jason, he sat beside Andrea, he was staring at her intently. As if he had something to say, but he didn't open his mouth.

I turned back to Tayler. "We'll find one soon, maybe Hershel will have some insulin." I said hopefully.

She nodded and started to walk over to the RV, she climbed up to the top and looked over at me. "I'll let you two have some alone time." She said quickly.

I stared at her in confusion and turned around to see Daryl waiting with his arms crossed.

I smirked and walked over to him. "Miss me?" I asked mockingly. He scowled and nodded towards the forest.

I nodded and walked beside him to the forest, he didn't say anything until we were far enough away from the RV.

"You feelin' alright?" He asked me quietly. "Of course, why wouldn't I be." I asked him.

"Cause you were out on your own, no one to watch your back or make sure your okay." He said loudly.

"I can take care of myself Daryl and you know that." I said defensively. Daryl stopped walking and spun me so I was facing him.

He wrapped his arms around my waist and brought me close. I could feel his breath against my face, his eye's shining down on me.

Then our lips crashed together, making me feel fireworks and butterflies. I pulled back and grinned at him.

He had a neutral look on his face, it didn't show happiness or sadness. "Is that my welcome back gift?" I asked smugly.

He chuckled and kissed me again, his soft lips barley brushing against mine. "You could say that." Daryl said, his face a had a small smile. I pressed my lips against his again and slid my fingers into his hair.

His hands slid under my shirt on my back and we stood there for a while longer, both of us exploring each others mouths. We broke after a moment for air and I took Daryl's hand before we walked back to the RV together, hand in hand. I smiled the whole way there, I'm pretty sure my face was going to always smile permanently.

When we neared the RV Daryl released my hand. He always seemed to hate showing affection in public but I didn't really mind tonight. We climbed on top of the RV and joined in on the groups chatter. Daryl basically stayed silent for most of the time we all talked.

"Now that we've found you, I hope we can find Sophia." Glenn said hopefully. I nodded and looked at Carol.

"Carol don't you worry one bit, we're gonna find Sophia and she's going to be alright. She's probably eating strawberries as we speak." I said happily.

Carol sighed and gave me a hopeful smile."I hope she's alright Mariah." She said sadly.

I nodded and looked at Tayler. She was trying not to fall asleep and I can already tell how hard it is on her, maybe if I go to bed she'll try to sleep too.

I quickly stood up and stretched, Daryl copied me and walked right towards the ladder.

"Is it alright if Daryl and I take the bed in the RV?" I asked the group. Jason scowled at me and I stuck my tong out at him.

"Go right ahead Mariah, we'll see you in the morning." Dale said sweetly. I nodded and walked towards the ladder.

Daryl was already at the bottom waiting for me. I quickly climbed down but lost my footing. I squeezed my eyes shut and prepared for the fall that didn't come. I felt warm, muscular arm's wrap around me. I opened my eye's to see bright blue eye's staring down at me, a smirk lighting up his face.

"You can put me down now Dixon." I said irritated.

He chuckled and held on to me. "What you don't like bein' carried?" He asked mockingly.

I scowled and he opened the RV door. He walked down to the RV bed and basically threw me in it. He went back and shut the door, I quickly crawled under the blankets to warm up.

I shivered and pulled my knees up to my chest in a attempt to get warm. Daryl walked over to the bed and kicked off his boots.

I slid under the covers and put a hand on my arm. "Damn your freezin', you want me to find another blanket or somethin'?" He asked.

I shook my head and sat up a bit. He moved closer to me and put an arm over my shoulder. He laid down, bringing me with him. His chest acted like a pillow, his arm laying comfortably on mine.

"Did I ever tell you 'bout the time I got lost in the woods?" Daryl asked me. I sat up a bit and looked at him.

"When did this happen?" I asked curiously. He smiled and I laid back down.

"I was only a boy at the time, but I still remember it." He said.

"Merle was off in juvie, and ma old man was off gettin' drunk, I wandered into the woods. Nine days in the woods eatin' berries, wipin' my ass with poison oak. Soon as I found ma way back I went right to the kitchen and made myself a sandwich, no worse for the wear except my ass was itchin' somethin' awful." He said with a small smirk on his face.

I tried hard not to laugh, Daryl got lost? Was he high at the time or something? "I know what your thinkin'." He said softly.

I raised a eyebrow and looked at him. "What am I thinking?" I asked curiously.

"How could I get lost, right?" He said mockingly.

I laughed. "How'd you know?" I asked curiously.

"Just gotta a feelin'." He said smugly.

I smiled and buried my face into his chest. I closed my eyes and fell right asleep.