46.

I finally reached the council's chambers.

"You're late." Master Windu was there waiting for me. "When the council requests your presence, it is always of great importance."

"Does it really matter if the council will only be shutting me down anyways?" I shook my head, losing my hope that today will be the day.

"Every time you see the council, it should always be with respect and maybe they'll reconsider." He told me.

"All they do is look at me as though I'm a child." I rolled my eyes.

"You are no longer a child, but you are still my student. And you will listen to my wisdom." He scolded me.

"I'm sorry, Master." I said. He turned around and I felt a strange flash of being back on Zygerria. I shook it off though.

"It's alright, you've proven yourself a worthy asset to the Republic. I remember bringing you here the first time and I convinced them to make an exception for you. It's because I could tell your potential when we first met. It's been a blessing to start and end your journey. I've done my best to give you my knowledge, you're extremely self driven and headstrong, there is little more you can learn from me. Master Unduli would be as proud as I am now. A young one with your accomplishments deserves the title of knight. Your last mission tested you more than the trials could have. Now, it's about time we leave our roles as Master and Apprentice, and become equals." he smiled,

"What do you mean, Master?" I asked, confused as I felt his excitement.

He said nothing and the doors to the councils chambers opened. He allowed me to take the lead into the room. The room was dark, I found my way into the center of the room. Light sabers of different colors lit up the room. In front of me was Yoda on his chair. I looked around me, smiling. It's finally happening!!

I found my Master, his face lit up by his beautiful purple light saber. I smiled, thanking him with my eyes. His eyes were proud, my heart soared. I did the same when I found Obi-Wan, his face lit up by his own blue light saber.

"Step forward, padawan." Yoda says, I kneel before him. The council lowers their sabers, while Yoda raises his.

"(Y/N) (Y/L/N). By the right of the council," his green saber hovers above my right shoulder, "By the will of the force," he hovers the blade over my left shoulder, "dub thee I do, Jedi-" he goes back to my right shoulder to slice my braid off, "-Knight of the Republic."

Trying to conceal my happiness, I stand. I collect my padawan braid, now severed from my body. I remain silent in respect of our ritual, I only nodded in thanks. In silence I leave the room, when the door closed behind me I had to give an internal scream. I made it. I did it. I felt so accomplished. I had made it.

Master Windu followed me out.

"Thank you so much." I smiled, hugging him tightly.

"You deserve it, young one. I'm proud to call you my apprentice." He said.

"We'll still get to go on missions together, right?" I asked.

"I would hope so, General (Y/L/N)." he said.

"I'm not a commander anymore?" I laughed.

"You're a knight now, you deserve more than to be a commander in the 187th Legion." He said. I sighed, I felt elated.

"Wait, do I already get to meet my own battalion? What will our specialty be?" I asked, eager.

"Whoa, slow down there," he laughed, "We won't know the details until the end of our official meeting. I will let you know soon though. I'll get you a new room and let you know of all the exciting and juicy details of your next steps. This week is going to be a huge change in your life, get ready for it." he put a hand on my shoulder. I was so happy in this moment, I wanted to celebrate.

Master Windu dismissed me. It was times like these I wish I had friends. I really don't have many, my childhood friend, Lowan, was killed on the Battle of Geonosis. Before that we hadn't talked, but he was always a good friend before. He was Master Fisto's apprentice, he was on his way to being a great Jedi. The only person close to me I had left was Anakin.

I made my way to Anakin's room. I didn't know what his reaction of me being there would be, but I decided to risk it anyway. He was the one I wanted to tell, he gave me his padawan braid, I would do the same.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." I heard from down the hall right as my knuckles were about to touch the door.

"What?" I was surprised to see Ahsoka sitting against the wall practicing levitating a small ball.

"He's in one of his moods. He won't come out of his room today." She said.

"Is there any reason?" I asked,

"Not sure. We had our training then got upset about something and went to his room. I tried to get him out, but he seemed less than enthusiastic that there was no reasonto do anything." she told me. I sighed, I could feel his upset.

"I need to talk to him. Maybe I can say something to cheer him up." I said, she stood up.

"Good luck with that, if there's one thing I've learned about my Master it's that-- Where is your braid?" She walked towards me,

"Oh, um.." I held up my padawan braid in my hands,

"Were you just knighted?! Already? But you're only a year or two older than me. That's incredible!" She hugged me, at first I was alarmed, then I gladly accepted the praise.

"It just happened, thank you Ahsoka, I'm very lucky." I nodded.

"Master Skywalker always tells me there's no such thing as luck." She smirked, putting a hand on her hip.

"Well, Master Skywalker is a smart man." I smiled.

"So are you, I hope I get to work with you again in the future. I've never seen Master Skywalker be so compliant with orders before." She told me, I laughed. He hates arguing with me.

"I hope I can work with you both, too. I'm sure I'll be under the wing of more experienced knights like Master Skywalker until I'm able to be on my own." I assured her.

"Good, well I should get going. Congratulations and good luck with Skyguy." she winked, walking away.

"Thank you, I'll try."I scratched my neck. I knocked on his door. This was the first time my smile wavered and my nerves set in, here we go.