A Not-So Good Morning

I awoke the next morning to the singing of birds and Thorin's gentle breathing.
"Good morning," Thorin whispered, stroking my face. I was laid with my head on his chest, his strong arms wrapped around me protectively. I sat up slightly, leaning over Thorin. I leant down and kissed him. Thorin took my waist and rolled over on top of me, trailing kisses all down my neck. I laughed aloud, pushing him away from me playfully. Suddenly, we were interrupted by my bedroom door creaking open. We both froze.
"Eleana?" Came a voice. I looked up.
"Father." He looked mortified. Thorin looked at me with a worried look on his face.
"What is a bloody dwarf doing in your bedroom?!" Beorn roared. I transformed, leaping in front of Thorin protectively. I snarled and growled, bearing my teeth threateningly. Father let out a great bear roar, his eyes turning bright yellow. I backed down, my ears flat against my skull. I transformed back into by normal form. Father was shouting now, the two of them arguing heatedly. I couldn't stand it any longer. I bolted, pushing past after and down the stairs like a flash. I ignored the stairs as I ran past the others, picking up my pack on the way out the door.
~{<>}~
I got outside, panting and wiping the tears out of my eyes. I rummaged in my pack and brought out my Elven armour. It had full length leaf mail and a blue cloak.
(A/N: Eleana's elf armour looks like the elf armour from the Battle of Helms Deep in LOTR)
I pulled my armour on, buckling up my bracers and pulling on my boots. I drew my sword, holding it up in front of me. I began to practise my sword movements, Haldir had drilled me many times. I moved faster and faster until I was a silver and blue blur.
"Eleana?" Said a voice behind me. I froze, putting my sword on the ground. I turned to see my father looking at me calmly. His calmness infuriated me.
"How dare you," I snarled "How dare you reprimand me on who I choose as mate and then stand there as bold as brass as if nothing had happened!" I stormed up to him, fists clenched. My father grabbed my wrists, stopping me for doing anything rash.
"Let go of me!" I screeched "Amin delotha lle!" My father took me by the shoulders, pinning my arms to my sides and held me up so we were face to face.
"You don't mean that," he said calmly "You're just upset."
I squirmed in his grasp, snarling irritably.
"I do, Amin feuya ten' lle!" I roared. I spat in his face, making him drop me on the ground in a heap. He calmly took a handkerchief out of his pocket and wiped his face with it. I picked up my sword and went back to my practise.
"Eleana," said Father.
"Leave me alone!" I spat poisonously.
"I will not leave you alone until you calm down," he said. That was the final straw. I swung my sword at him angrily. He staggered backwards, the tip of the blade missing him by millimetres. He stared at me, aghast. My hands shook, I dropped the sword on the ground beside me. I was horrified with myself. I fell onto my knees, tears falling down my face. My father came over and picked me up, before sitting down on the ground with me on his lap.
"Shush," he whispered "Calm down."
"I could have hurt you, I could have killed you!" I cried hysterically.
"But you didn't," father whispered "So calm yourself." I clung onto him, sobbing loudly.
"Ada," I whispered.
"Yes dear?"
"I'm sorry," I said.
"I know you are," he whispered "You never mean it when you say things like that."
"No," I said "About Thorin."
"You shouldn't be, it's not my concern on who you choose as a mate," he said. Skin-Changers had always used the term 'mate' instead of lover or boyfriend, no one really knew why. I thought it was to do with our animalistic nature.
"Have you mated yet?" Father asked.
"No," I hiccuped, wiping away the last of my tears. Father nodded.
"Well," he said "At least all this proves something."
"What?" I asked.
"You definitely have my temper." We chuckled at this. Father looked over at someone.
"Go to him," he whispered to me. Thorin was sat at the base of a tree, smoking his pipe and looking somber. I got up off father's lap and went to him.
~{<>}~
"Thorin," I said as I approached. He looked up at me, the normal sparkle in his eyes gone. I was still dressed in my Elven armour so I must have looked quite the sight.
"I've made a right pigs-ear of this haven't I," he said.
"No you haven't," I said, walking closer to him.
"Yes I have," he sighed irritably, letting out a great plume of smoke. I moved closer, crouching down so our faces were level. I reached out my hand and touched his face. He recoiled from my touch.
"Leave me alone," he growled, turning away from me.
"Thorin," I whimpered, on the edge of tears. The dwarf turned to look at me, seeing the disparity in my face. He smiled weakly.
"I'm not very good at this emotional stuff am I?" He sighed. He beckoned to me. I went over. Thorin pulled me onto his lap, his arms wrapping around me. We were nose to nose, staring into each other's eyes. Thorin put his hand behind my head, pushing my lips against his. I kissed him back, my hands tangling up in his hair. We broke off after a few moments. I got off Thorin's lap and sat with my head on his shoulder. My father was leant up against a tree a little way off, his arms folded and grinning widely. I was happy, for then at least...