「014」

0 1 4

FUN BOYS

══════↯══════

My eyes widen with surprise from Yoonbyul's sudden statement- I am happy. Maybe the reason why it took her some time to accept my friendship offer was because I was an idol, or I just had flaws that she's not mentioning.

"But I have to say some things before we begin this friendship," Yoonbyul said.

"Yes, of course, state them."

"I have to let you know that you're my only friend here. I don't expect you to always be there for me since I don't really know how friends work. I haven't had one in years. And also, you'll have to teach me about friendship. Is that okay Jungkook?" asked Yoonbyul.

"Of course it's okay!" I exclaim while holding in my excitement.

I was excited. I made an actual friend at the school. When I mean actual friend, I mean a friend who I could talk to. Although I do that with my hyungs, they don't count. I was really glad to make a friend who isn't being my friend because I'm an idol. I've received so many friend requests from these other students at this school, but I'm only accepting Yoonbyul's request. 

"Yoonbyul..."

"Mhm? What is it?" Yoonbyul turns her head in bewilderment.

"Remember how you told me that your sister told you to go find the most beautiful moment in life?"

"Yes, I remember those words from Hanbyul from the back of my head."

"I'll help you with that. I'll help you find that moment."

Yoonbyul smiles before pointing out her pinky finger. I point out my finger and interlock it with hers. It's a promise. We've sealed the deal. Right now, this moment,  is where our friendship begins.

━━━━━━━━━

I sit on the changing room floor and tied my shoelaces. It's time for physical education again. I really hope this time people don't judge Yoonbyul anymore. I noticed it the last time we played dodgeball, it bothered me a lot watching those girls snicker at Yoonbyul. Even though it's not me getting judged, it's never okay to watch a person get judged either. But I do have to think to myself, was it my fault? It was probably me because I chose her to be on my team last time. Come to think of it, it's mostly those girls being jealous.

I get up on my feet and fix up my P.E. clothes. I look in the mirror and fixed my hair before leaving the changing room to go join the other students.

I notice Yoonbyul standing in the crowd of girls. I'm glad she stands out. It's easier for me to find her that way. I wouldn't like it if she was wearing the exact same P.E. clothes like the rest of those girls.

"Alright students!" Mr. Song yelled, "It's the beginning of a new course."

The students began to whisper trying to figure out what it might be.

"It's going to be wrestling! And yes, don't look at me with your motionless eyes, we're doing co-ed." Mr. Song said as he stared at all of us. He was really intimidating.

"It's going to be boys versus girls!?" A student exclaimed.

"That's right! When I say co-ed of course it means boy and girl. What else would I mean!?" Mr. Song explained, "Don't worry, there will also be wrestling not co-ed."

A bunch of sighs of relief escaped each student's lips.

"Also," said Mr. Song as the gymnasium grew silent, "The results you get from this course for wrestling will affect your term one mark. It will be twenty five percent of your grade."