Chapter 18: "Attention Serpents...."

Natalie's POV

When I sent the text Manny replied almost instantly, and said Meet at the base in 30 minutes they'll be there.

I looked at my outfit, and felt that I needed to change. This outfit does not say leader, it says stylish mother....and in Lucy's case, her hot older sister. Don't judge me.

I changed into my new clothes, and slid my gun in the back of pants

I changed into my new clothes, and slid my gun in the back of pants. I covered it with my shirt, and walked downstairs.

The house was quiet, they must be asleep. At least that's what I thought, until I heard a scream come from outside.

I sprinted outside only to find Kayden chasing the twins around, while Lucy was watching Dalton crawling around in the grass. I smiled at the scene, and walked over to them.

"Good morning everybody,"I chuckled, and watched Kayden trip in hole.

"Morning mom,"Lucy smiled, and hugged me. I hugged her back, then picked up Dalton.

"Kayden are you okay?"I laughed as Katrina and Sierra piled on his back.

"Yeah,"he coughed,"I landed on a stick." I shook my head, and giggled. I sat down on the ground, and bounced Dalton on my lap. Lucy sat down next to me, and put her head on my shoulder.

"Mommy!"Katrina screeched, and ran over to me. I wrapped an arm around her, and kissed her forehead. Looking at my beautiful kids, I struck an idea.

"How about we have a little family day?"I suggested,"I mean I have a meeting in a few minutes, but after that we could do something."

"That sounds great mom,"Lucy agreed,"We could have a picnic, and go boating out on the lake. Or we could go to the cabin we go to for Christmas, and do something."

"I vote for the cabin,"Kayden announced,"I love that place. And mom you can finally teach me how to shoot a bow and arrow."

"Yeah me too,"Lucy agreed.

"Alright," I laughed,"We'll head for the cabin, after I get back from my teachers meeting."

"How long is the meeting?"Kayden asked.

"It shouldn't take too long,"I replied,"Oh, and we do not have school tomorrow. Teacher's institute day."

"Sweet,"Kayden and Lucy exclaimed.

"So pack a little over night bag, and we'll stay at the cabin,"I smiled.

"Woohoo road trip,"Kayden yelled, which made me laugh. I checked my phone, and saw that Carter had called. A$shole. What could he want? That reminds me I should get the locks changed.

"Okay I'm going to go to my meeting,"I sighed, and stood up,"I'll take the baby if you guys get stuff packed."

"Deal,"Lucy smiled.