somewhat finished

OMFG HIS ANGEL IS AT #18 in FANTASY  & almost 15k reads???

OMFG HIS ANGEL IS AT #18 in FANTASY & almost 15k reads???

ahhhhhhh I literally almost started screaming when I saw the ranking

& sorry for blowing up your notifications- i was just fixing some stuff

[ 3 months have past ]

For the first month, I'd had nightmares continuously, that image of Eros being skewered haunting me. I'd wake up in a cold sweat, having been tormented by faces of angels and their creepy smiles.

 It brought a new kind of havoc to wreak upon my sanity.

I didn't see Leo or hear from him. He just fell off the grid, like he'd never existed in the first place. I wouldn't blame him if he hated me; I was the reason he got his wings ripped out.

In the span of one day, I'd lost two people I'd grown close to. A friend, and well...I didn't know what to call Eros. I never got the chance to know enough about my feelings to say I was in love with him but I felt something. Something that scared the fuck out of me.

And it still did.

Seeing him die was something I never wanted to live through again, but at the same time I'd learned what he tried to show me: that I wasn't living. I was just existing

That I'd sheltered myself and was falling into a depression that would have taken me whole.

I also started appreciating myself, like not finding myself to be such a skyscraper more like an advantage to get the best view in a movie theater.

That I wasn't worthless. That I wasn't defined by my looks. That drowning myself in isolation and alcohol when I was distressed wasn't the solution.

My mom and dad made more time for Ophelia and I, sticking around longer. It made me feel like I wasn't alone- and even Ophelia had cooled with her abrasive comments.

I could never forget what Eros had done for me, and remembering him still left a burn in my chest but I had to move on. I couldn't keep mourning him.

I wasn't going to get stuck in another cycle again.

"Here's your tea. Would you like anything else?" The waitress asked me, waking me up from my daze suddenly.

"No, I'm good, thanks. Just bring the check."  I wrapped my hands around the warm cup of tea, lifting it to my lips. It sent warmth through my body, thawing my skin and my fingers.

I started coming to this small coffee place, which was like a bookshop as well. It was peaceful, and let me have solitude as I drew. I'd found my will to draw again, and it helped me channel, well, everything.

I looked outside, feeling even more melancholy from the continuous grey rain. The clouds were a brooding charcoal - menacing and ominous. They overwhelmed the hidden pastel blue of the sky.

A pencil was gripped in my hand as I added the final touches to Eros's completed sketch staring back at me.  I'd caught only a glimpse of him, and it was chipping away.

So I decided to draw him.

In way too many attempts, I had managed to nearly recreate the color of his eyes, the shade of his deep tan and the devastating darkness of his hair. The angles and hard lines that shaped his face, like they were sculpted from stone.

His eyes could never be replicated - there weren't any colors to create that hue - a color that showed a battle between grey and blue.

Nothing could fully picture him on a canvas the way my mind had taken a mental picture of him.

His eyes seemed to be stuck in my head; their wild blue haunting me.

"Here's the check," the waitress warmly smiled before dropping it onto the table. I left a few bills before shrugging on my coat and getting up from my booth. I gingerly placed the watercolor painting in my bag, careful to not get any wrinkles or rips.

As soon as I walked out the door, I was welcomed by the cold spatter of the rain, freezing my skin. I crossed the street, reaching the other side. In the process my shoes had been attacked by vicious puddles and my umbrella suffered the wrath of the rain either.

I didn't hide my irritated groan when I felt water seep into my converse, my socks absorbing the water as well.

I hated rain. Everything became soppy, wet and so damn grey. Because of rain, everything turned to mush.

As I tried to escape the freezing monstrosities, someone brusquely brushed past me, nearly knocking me over.

I was about to say "watch where you're going, douchebag" as my eyes snapped upwards to see the perp.

Instead, I captured a quick glance of a face I'd never thought I'd see again.

"Eros?"

yes there is a second part to the epilogue (:

ALSO would you guys like to read bonus scenes/extras? let me know! because i've been thinking of writing some for a while now (:

don't forget to vote and comment!