II

After muttering the password to the fat lady Harry stumbled through the portrait hole and flopped on to the now empty armchair where Hermione had been sitting previously. Harry stared at the flickering fire, he would do anything to see Sirius's face in the fire again, maybe if he had the guts he could ask him for advice.

But as it may, Sirius was gone. Harry felt the familiar stabbing pain in his heart, Sirius had been like a father to him, but like his real father, he was dead, all because of Voldemort.

'Harry?'

Harry jumped, for a brief, beautiful moment he thought the person behind the voice was Sirius, but the voice was female, it was Hermione.

"Whats wrong?" he asked, attempting to hide his disappointment.

"Why are you in the common room? We have transfiguration."

"I was simply looking for my book, we can go now."

A mischievous smirk appeared on Hermione's face.

"You had your book with you Harry."

'Right, I forgot."

"You know you can tell me anything, I wont judge you."

Harry felt his face flush with colour. "What are you on about?"

"Listen Harry, If you are interested in a Slytherin I won't mind, neither will Ron I'm sure." Harry opened his mouth to protest but Hermione continued on. "Don't try to deny it, Ron and I have both noticed how distrated you've been, although Ron's not quite diligent to see how you always stare at the Slytherins. I thought maybe it was was Pansy at first, but- Oh Harry! Do you fancy Draco?"

Harry's face grew hotter, how would she know? "Fancy Malfoy? Of course not," he scoffed.

Her smiled, "I know you do Harry, you've been staring at him a considerable amount everyday for quite some time."

"I  assure you I would never take a liking to a Slytherin, much less Malfoy !" Harry almost shouted this but Hermione's smile just became more extensive.

Then before  Harry could stop himself he blurted out, "And besides, he has a girlfriend, Pansy. Why would he even be interested in me?"

Harry wondered if Hermione's smile could grow wider. "They don't love each other as much as you think, they've been fighting a lot recently."

"Really?" Harry's face brightened before mentally scolding himself when he realised how undeniably hopeful he sounded.

"Come on Harry or we'll be late. Don't forget we have potions  after lunch hopefully Draco's there," she winked and then walked out the portrait hole.

"I told you that I don't like him!"

****
It was a hard transfiguration class, they had to attempt to transfigure each other into a rabbit. So far Hermione made the closest change to her partner Neville but he was still more of a squirrel than a rabbit.

After half an hour Harry and Ron had given up, Ron had rabbit ears and Harry had a furry mustache.

It was further towards the end of the lesson when Ms McGonagall shouted, "Alright I have graded these essays and I must say they were quite a disappointment, only Miss Granger managed to get more than an A. However, seeing as it was Gryffindor's first victory I have been easy on you but I will not in the future."

She handed out the essays, Harry and Ron had received A's while Hermione got an O.

The bell went and everyone flew out the door eager to get lunch and Harry's stomach gave a flip when he remembered that Potions with the Slytherin's was next.