Adding to the Family (Kevin Love) -Ashley-

Hello! This one's for @ashleyl0ve I hope you enjoy reading it!

-Ashley's POV-

I woke up to my husband, Kevin Love, beside me, pulling me closer to him. I smiled and pecked his lips. He opened his eyes and mumbled,"What time is it?" I glanced over at the clock. "7 am,"I sighed, getting out of bed.

"You wake up Luis, I'll wake up Alyssa,"I said as Kevin stumbled out of bed. "Okay babe,"he replied, kissing me. "Good morning,"he smiled. I replied,"Good morning."

Luis and Alyssa are mine and Kevin's two children. They're both 13, and look nothing alike(Alyssa's short and has blonde hair and blue eyes, and Luis is tall and has brown hair and brown eyes), but they have the same personalities and hobbies. Alyssa's looks definitely come from me, and Luis's looks definitely come from Kevin. They're both amazing basketball players, taking after their father.

I walked into Alyssa's room and noticed her phone going off. I couldn't help but look at the texts she was getting from a boy named Bryson. He was saying that he had lots of fun on their date last night and such. Alyssa went on a date last night? She told me she was going over to her friend Sarah's house!

I woke Alyssa up. "Good morning mom,"she mumbled, rubbing her eyes. I held her phone up. "What's this?"I asked. Alyssa's eyes widened.

"Mom, it's not what it looks like,"she protested. I replied,"It looks like you lied to me and went on a date with a boy." Alyssa let out a defeated sigh. "That's exactly what happened,"she admitted.

"Hurry up, go get ready for school. I'll take to your father about this,"I said. Alyssa walked into her bathroom.

I bumped into Kevin in the hallway. I showed him the texts. "Our daughter's growing up, huh?"he questioned. I sighed,"This can't be happening. Alyssa lying to me, going out with a boy?"

Kevin shook his head. "That makes me miss them being kids." I let out a little laugh and said,"Yeah, me too."

Luis walked by us, but I stopped him. "Hey honey, I was wondering if you knew about Alyssa's boyfriend,"I spoke. Luis's eyes widened a bit.

"I don't know anything,"he clearly lied. Kevin chuckled. "Come on kiddo. Don't lie to us. We know everything,"Kevin taunted.

Luis asked,"So you found out about Alyssa dating my best friend and me dating Kassie?" "You're dating too?!"I exclaimed. Luis let out a nervous chuckle. "No, I was just kidding. I joke a lot,"he bluffed. "I see right through that. Expect a lecture after school,"I said before Luis ran downstairs.

I gave Kevin a look. "These teenagers,"I mumbled, resting my head on Kevin's arm.

We walked down to the kitchen where Luis was eating. Alyssa came down a bit later and the two siblings exchanged glances and whispers. Then they disappeared out the door, going to the bus stop.

I collapsed in a chair, exhausted. "All of this was so much easier when they were 6,"I groaned. "Was it really? Don't you remember chasing them around and telling them not to fight? And cleaning up after all the messed they made,"Kevin reminded. I laughed and agreed,"That is very true."

"But that seems like ages ago. I miss having little kids running around,"Kevin admitted.

I took a deep breath, deciding this was the moment. The moment I tell Kevin that I'm pregnant. I was scared to tell him, not sure if he wanted another child. We already have two, so maybe he wouldn't want another one. But hearing him say all this stuff made me see that he wants another child.

"Kevin, I have to tell you something,"I said slowly. "What is it Ashley?"he asked. I announced,"I'm pregnant."

Kevin's eyes immediately filled with joy. "Really?"he asked, standing up. I nodded, laughing. "I'm pregnant, Kevin,"I repeated. Kevin picked me up and spun me around.

He kissed me before saying,"I'm so happy. I get to raise another life with the woman I love the most in the world." That brought tears to my eyes. I kissed him and replied,"I am too. I'm so lucky to have you in my life, Kevin. I love you so much." "I love you too,"he whispered, kissing me again.

"How are we going to tell Luis and Alyssa? And what about them having a boyfriend and girlfriend?"Kevin questioned.

I decided,"You know what, Luis and Alyssa are teenagers now. They should have their freedom. Yes, they should have told us, but maybe they were just scared. We were like that with our parents too, Kevin. I understand. And as for telling them, I don't know."

"I think we should just ease them into it. You know, ask them what they would do if they had another sibling, ask them how they would feel,"Kevin suggested. I added a little something to that idea.

When Alyssa and Luis came home, Kevin and I sat them down in the kitchen. "Is this about the dating thing?"Alyssa asked. I gave them a small smile. "No, I decided that you two need your freedom. You're growing up so much. You two aren't little kids anymore,"I said. Alyssa and Luis smiled. "Thanks mom!"they exclaimed. "Hey, what about dad?"Kevin asked. We all laughed. "Thanks dad,"they thanked.

"Ashley and I were having a talk. We miss you two being kids,"Kevin started off. I added,"Yeah, it was so cute having little kids running around."

Luis spoke,"It would be cool having a little brother." "Or sister,"Alyssa chimed in. I gave Kevin a little glance. He was grinning ear to ear.

I pulled out my phone and said,"You two look so cute today. Let me take a picture." "Mooom,"they groaned. I laughed,"Just smile." They did as I said.

"Guys, on three, say 'I'm getting a sibling'!"I said before immediately taking a picture of their reactions.

"Really?"Alyssa squealed, standing up. I nodded, laughing. Luis and Alyssa hugged me, and Kevin joined the hug.

This family is the greatest thing to happen to me. And now I get to add to it. My husband's happy, my kids are happy. What more could I ask for?