41

Ain't nobody love... Ain't nobody love like you do. 

Nobody Love - Tori Kelly 

ISABELLA

The Night Before

"It's going to be fine," I reassured him for the umpteenth time. I had to fight my lips from twitching as I patted down the collar of his dress shirt. You'll go out for some drinks, do whatever it is that guys do... it'll be fine. Relax, okay?"

Harry stared at me like I had grown two heads, but it had become a common occurrence since being back in London. Jaz had been adamant the whole day for us to have some quality girl time with Maddie. I was more than happy to say yes. There was something about that little girl that pulled at every single heartstring. Harry, of course, was less than pleased.

His relationship with Ben was getting better. He already told me that before. If that was true, then spending a night out just the two of them should be easy. I forgot that I was dating the biggest drama queen to come out of Manchester.

"Yeah, whatever," he mumbled, swatting my hands away from his shirt. "It's a good thing you're cute."

"You're not going to charm your way out of this one, so don't even bother."

He rolled his eyes, a smile tugging at his pink lips. I stood on the tips of my toes to reach his cheek, leaving a short kiss on his stubble skin. "Now go. I'll see you later."

He blinked at me, his lips turned down into a scowl.

"Your face is going to stay like that if you keep it up," I teased. "Come on. You're too pretty to pout."

This only earned another eye roll but a small smile. "Whatever. Let's get this over with."

Ben had been more enthused to go out, though he wasn't jumping up and down like his wife. Jaz's fingers were holding tightly to Ben's arms. Her blonde hair thrown up into a messy bun and eyes widen with excitement.

"Alright, boys! The car is waiting for you outside. Go, drink, bond... have fun. Now leave so we can change into our pajamas and pull out all the ice cream we've been hiding from you."

"Yeah! No boys allowed," Maddie piped in. Her small fists were raised above her head, grinning.

"You heard the girl. No boys allowed. Now shoo!" I opened the door for grumpy one and grumpy two, both unamused by our amused and enthusiastic expressions.

Harry pulled me into his chest and wrapped his arms around my waist in a tight hug. "Love you," he whispered in my ear, kissing the skin under my ear.

"Love you, too."

Once the door was shut, Jaz exhaled the longest sigh. "I thought they were never going to leave! I've been waiting all day for tonight! I haven't had a good girls evening in ages."

I bit down on my lip, laughing, as Maddie pulled on Jaz's sweater sleeve. "You promised we'd watch Sleeping Beauty and Snow White. We're still watching those, right?"

"I don't see what else we would watch."

"Good." Maddie turned on her heels, with her hands situated on her tiny hips. "Izzy, those aren't pajamas. This is a pajama party, don't you know."

I looked down at my yoga pants and one of Harry's old t-shirts. "These are my pajamas," I told her but she shook her head no.

"Those are not pajamas. That's what you wear to gym class not to sleep. I have some Minnie Mouse pajamas that you can borrow."