𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙚𝙥𝙞𝙜𝙧𝙖𝙢 ━━ 𝘢 𝘯𝘦𝘤𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘢𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘳𝘥𝘦𝘳

▬▬▬ her epigram, a necessary disorder

YOU GREW UP NOT KNOWING what being hungry felt like, even the remotest idea of the nature of the sensation of "hunger." All of the finest food was offered on your table. You were the priced princess; your family never left your stomach empty.

You recalled the moments whenever you finished doing a ritual, the chambermaids would make a great fuss over you.

"After long, exhausting hours of doing a ritual . . . How terribly hungry thy Highness must be? How about some fruits? There are sweets, too."

And even though you were not hungry, you did get yourself to eat, seeking to please your servants.

Eat or die.

It was some kind of saying that this culture adapted. But as for you, it was a distasteful threat. It aroused doubt and fear to the people, ever filled with menacing overtones, just like as common remark, "Human beings worketh to earn food, for if they doth eat not, they die."

There were instances that the king, your father, would shower his riches in the nation through a feast. Perhaps, there were only seven times of feast in three hundred and sixty-five cycles in a solar year . . . Futile. People would still toil, be anxious as they strived and labored under the sun. All their days, their work, were mostly grief and pain; even at night, their minds might not rest.

In other words, this system and belief of society were corrupted.

You knew that you were not in the point of talking such. People had told you, countless times you could remember, ever since you were a small child, how blessed you were, for all of the best would be catered in a whim. It had seemed to you that in fact that those who called you blessed were incomparably more unfortunate than you.

But you had always felt as if you were suffering in hell, in a kind of slavery you never wanted.

A priestess: someone who led people to a false belief, to false hope.