𝙖 𝙗𝙚𝙖𝙪𝙩𝙮 ━━ 𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘩

▬▬▬ a beauty, found in death

"If thou must kill me, rejoice in thine place."

THEN, HE SAW AN UNSPEAKABLY SAD SMILE.

Mykerinos, a man of war, a brave warrior, and had good judgment. He lifted the iron weapon on his hand and beheld the fair maiden in front of him.

As his eyes looked into her face—at that beautiful face that had enchanted so many—he saw nothing. Nor tears, nor the trembling of her lips, nor fear beneath the skin of her face.

In a weak voice, he said, "Almost there."

And whenever they looked at each other, their eyes would fill with the growing darkness of a deathly gloom.

She knew the end was coming then, and thus she stepped backward closer onto the edge of the steps without the least resistance. He, too, stepped forward, right in front of her. In the corner of her eyes, she peered down the soaring stepped pyramid and saw what the humble guest could not: death.

At that quiet, melancholic, and swirling with shadows of the night, he threw the spear onto her. And only for a second, he heard a groan . . . Then saw her blood welled on her mouth and some spittle flew from her lips.

She looked down, as did he, and it was then that she sighted a long and sharp spear poking out through her heart.

The royal highness moaned, choking up her lungs. Her royal blood mocked her whole being, bright and red, smearing against her brittle skin. It ripped through her back, tore her through flesh, and snapped clean through her bones.