𝙩𝙞𝙢𝙚 ━━ 𝘥𝘦𝘷𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘦𝘳 𝘰𝘧 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴

▬▬▬ time, devourer of all things

AT FIRST, people did not believe the news.

The king has fallen!

And unto to his brother as well!

They assumed it was a ruse by which the officials were covering up their own incompetence and attempting to lull the dangerously explosive mood of the populace. People remembered too well when the word had been that the murderer had arrived for Kemi. This time fear had set its jaws too firmly into their souls.

The people heard that the murderer was a woman. A one who once was an angel of the gods.

What was, even more, contemplating that this murderer had a hallowed beauty—for indeed you seemed a saint to everyone who had seen you, yet not entirely, afterward, now that you were undead—what hope was there of escaping you, a murderer and a cursed spirit?

They dragged you and put you in prison, then a place where the king's prisoners were confined. No one was with you, no one even showed you kindness and never granted favor in the eyes of the prison warden.

You had no characteristics as a human being, thus they starved you, slowly putting death to your soul. You lacked a source of nutrition . . . And at such, you soon died.

Yet, it was not an issue, for death was just a change of condition to you.

You were caged in this foul dungeon, where hideous criminals were also placed. The corners stank of human manure, the corridors of urine, the beams stank of waste and rat droppings, the unaired cells stank of stale dust, the wooden beds were greasy. And from the cells with blood-filled prisoners came the stench of congealed blood. People stank of sweat and unwashed clothes; from their mouths came the pungent of rotting teeth, from their bellies as the onions, and from their bodies, they were no longer very young, came the stench of tumorous disease.

While the whole nation was gravely engaged to choose a new king; the former king's death caused distress to the people. This time, by now, you had died at least twice.