𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙞𝙢𝙚 ━━ 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸

▬▬ in time, all will know

YOU COULD NOT TELL IF IT WAS ALREADY EVENING OR STILL IN THE BRIGHTEST OF THE DAY, because in this place was where the sunlight couldn't reach.

Bet this is the basement.

You were treading the enclosed staircase, and it was seemed to be endless. Inside this place, there was no one else, just the rings in your ears because of the dead silence, and the dull, yellow torches flickering against the brick-layered wall, where spider webs hung in the corners.

Your legs and knees were getting wobbly because of the steps. Too many steps. You sighed, continuing your pace. 

By the way, wait! Just how deep did they dig just to create a basement with a secret chamber?

Humans sure got some time.

And yes, it did take long enough to reach the first main level of the structure. Then it led to another hallway. In this area, you caught the whiff of decomposing bodies mixed with chemicals.

You hummed, realizing what kind of place this was: a mortuary. Walking a little more and reached a certain double door. You opened it, learning that it was a room for refrigerated cabinets where they stored dead bodies. As you filled your curiosity, you noticed the restrooms just across from you.

Now you remembered, you hadn't bathed yet. Damn. 

It was your fault, though, for you spent your nights drinking, smoking, getting miserable, and having self-destructive issues. 

Entering the restrooms, you immediately wash your face in the lavatory and gargle your mouth with water.  Getting some hygienic tissue paper, you wiped your face. You saw your reflection in the mirror and sighed more exasperated than before. Your hair was so frizzy and dry, making you even a lot uncomfortable. As you took out your hair comb, you dampened your hair just to reduce that dryness.

You had to get out of here quickly, but you could spare yourself with one stick of cigarette. Reposing your lower back on the table-top lavatory, you indulged with temporary pleasure. Smoking was one of your coping mechanisms with the stress of your daily life.