𝙖 𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙡𝙤𝙜𝙪𝙚 ━━ 𝘣𝘦𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘴 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘢𝘯 𝘦𝘯𝘥

【 特異点 の 理論 】written by HandTheirEnd

特異点 の 理論
written by HandTheirEnd

a prologuebegins with an end

a prologue
begins with an end

All alone. Silence and tenebrosity.

Immersing. Consuming.

Soul drifting into an eternal night no one could escape.

Voices in head, wondering—

When would they leave?

Vainly, seeking for no morrow.

Darkness here, and nothing more.

“Get wisdom, get understanding.”

Thus they said.

In your eyes, this world had always been metaphorically colorless—black and white, just shades.

Wisdom was a gift—it was what the elders taught you since the days of your young mind—it only took time to fully comprehend it. Why, you asked? Because of the limitation of the human brain.

Wisdom takes time . . .

You idly wondered.

Then, wait for time.

In order to get wisdom . . . One must have patience.

Only if it was that simple.

Time made sense in small pieces . . . On small scales. But when looking at a vast stretch of time, it was almost impossible to wrap your comprehension around things.

After a short while, pondering, wondering, you decided to take things on a small scale.

A second could complete a minute, a minute could complete an hour, an hour could complete a day, a day could make a month, a month could complete a year.

You were born in the eighty and eighth year of the eighth century, and you were twenty years old now . . .

It could be considered that the century was still young, even if you were not.

Constantly . .  . Always, your elders and masters implanted the mantra "patience is a virtue" in your head, trying to make your mind a flourishing one.

Sure it was.

What about conviction?

Yes, you have the patience, but never the conviction.

History even indicated that the wise were the most foolish ones.

It was your grit, your obligation, that kept you going after a long period of having no patience . . . conviction. You clenched your arms, you shriveled your face to go against the odds, to fight the unknown.

And on that one quiet, clear evening, whilst stretching out across the winding dunes of dust, you held your gaze into the infinite space, at the flowing clustered stars far away on the horizon.

You contemplated at first, yet still, you looked behind.

You knew it. You always knew . . .

For everything is already gone.