Drunk {20}

Walking up to him I felt my confidence boost as I could see his mouth drop open slightly.

“Good afternoon, Mr McKinley”

Clearing his throat Mr McKinley adjusted his tie before shifting around in his spot. Was he nervous?

He then said, “Good Afternoon Ms Suren. Portia did a great job.”

“Yeah she did. I feel amazing” I said with a smile.

“Well I'm glad you feel that way”

Standing next to him I was disappointed to find out that I barely reached his eyes with my heels on. My head was of equal length as his chin.

A sleek black car pulled up. I thought it looked exactly the same as Nate's car till I sat into the car. I noticed that it was only a two person car which meant that it would be just me and Mr McKinley alone.

I don't know why that thought brought butterflies to my stomach. After tipping the valet Mr McKinley started the car and the smooth purr eased my anxiety.

With his eyes still on the road Mr McKinley switched on the radio. The smooth voice of Frank Sinatra surprised me. Artists like Frank Sinatra, Billie Holiday, Dean Martin and Ella Fitzgerald were amazing singers. Growing up in the foster home this was all they played.

“I didn't peg you for a Frank Sinatra kind of guy” I confessed

Mr McKinley looked at me as if surprised that I was talking, “I have a weakness for 50’s and 60’s music”

“Now you sir are the one who is intriguing” I loved using his words against him.

Giving me a small smile, he changed the topic, “Ms Suren going into this banquet there will be a lot of people who will ask questions. Let me do all the conversation.”

“So what if someone asks me a question. I'm I supposed to wait for the mighty king to grant me permission to speak.” I said sarcastically.

“Watch it Ms Suren. We have had a great day. Don't be the reason why I ruin it” I looked down immediately. I was starting to get too comfortable around him. I still have to keep things professional.

After a couple more Frank Sinatra classics the huge building stood in the distance. I didn't want to get out of the car. I enjoyed how Mr McKinley mumbled the lyrics under his breath as he tapped his fingers on the steering wheel.

I retouched on my lipstick as we pulled up into the parking lot. Walking to the Banquet Hall I was disappointed to see that Mr McKinley didn't put his arms around my waist.
After entering the building I saw many people walking around and champagne flutes on top of trays being served. Grabbing two glasses Mr McKinley gave me one.

Whispering into my ear Mr McKinley said, “Do you see that guy with the red tie in the back? He's standing by the flowers”

Nodding my head I tried to focus even though Mr McKinley's mouth kept grazing my ear.

“His name is Daymond John. He is the CEO of FUBU. If I could become a co-partner with him in FUBU, McKinley Enterprises will be the biggest corporate firm there is.”

“Is he interested in partnering?”

“I had a couple of my agents ask him but he's already said no so he's going to take some convincing”

I didn't have time to respond since someone behind us spoke rather loudly, “Ian is that you?”

Turning around we saw a tall man who was wearing an identical three piece suit as Mr McKinley but his color was a dark green. The suit brought out his green eyes.