Boss Man {22}

"Hello Boss man" I slurred onto the phone.

"Ms Suren I want you to clean yourself up. The banquet will be done by 9. Come inside when you have controlled yourself" Before I could respond the line went dead.

I tried to get Diamond to wake up by calling his name but that didn't work so I was forced to push him down. After seeing his eyes open due to the fall I got up.

I had to walk slowly since my head felt as though it was throbbing. Making it into the bathroom I noticed that my makeup was still in tact but my lipstick was nearly non existent. I applied a second layer before I tied my hair into a tight bun since I had bed hair from sitting in the same position for a while.

I walked out the bathroom and I couldn't wait to get home so that I could take my heels off. Mr Green followed solemnly behind me seemingly still upset with being shoved.

Diamond was rubbing the sleep from his eyes when I got back to the couch and together we both walked inside the banquet space.

Diamond walked me to my table since I was stumbling before he proceeded to his table.

Sitting in my seat I just kept thinking about going home to my bed.

Mr whathisface ignored me after I sat down. After the final speech was said a round of applause came right after and soon people got up to walk away.

Unlike a couple of hours ago I was now aware of where I was. My mind was still a little foggy but I could make coherent sentences.

As I tried to get up my foot lost its balance and in an attempt of saving myself I grabbed the table before I fell and the harsh movements caused all the drinks on the table to fall down into the delicate cloth.

I watched the wine soak into the tablecloth as I could feel my boss glare in my face. He leaned down next to my ear and a whiff of his cologne wafted into my nose. It was a strong mixture of citrus, spices and musk but it all came together to produce a very manly scent.

"Get up" he hissed

I slowly got up this time. I tried taking a step but I didn't know which foot I was supposed to use. The floor was spinning around and I looked down to see that I had five different feet.

I moved one of my five feet and I could feel myself about to tumble. Mr Mc...Donald...Kingley! Yes! Mr McKinley hand shot out and grabbed my waist to steady me. I leaned into his body breathing in his addicting smell.

I walked at a normal pace with Mr McKinley. Even if I did stumble a little his arm would always be quick to clench around my waist so I wouldn't fall.

Mr McKinley said his goodbyes and when we stepped outside the cool air surprised me. Usually by this time of night I would be at home.

It was also dark outside but I could see the resemblance of Mr McKinley's car down the street. I moved closer to him since he was radiating body heat. Mr McKinley moved away from me and I tried to stay as still as I could so he wouldn't move away again.

The valet driver opened my door for me and I carefully stepped in after bumping my head twice. Mr McKinley was outside, making conversation with the redhead from the table. What could they possibly still be talking about?

The soothing purr of the car soon lured me to sleep. In the back of my mind I knew that I shouldn't be falling asleep in my boss's car but the alcohol, hunger and exhaustion made me want to go to sleep.

"Ms Suren" the words were vaguely heard in my sleepy brain. I felt my shoulder being lightly shoved. Then soon my eyes opened to the angry brown eyes of Mr McKinley.

"First you get drunk. Then you embarrass me in front of all those CEOS. Now you're sleeping on the job."

It took me a while to comprehend what he was saying. Having just woke up I could feel my head pounding. Why was he making so much noise? What was all the commotion about.

"Excuse me?" my throat hurt to speak and it was shown by my hoarse voice. The other part of my brain was wishing to go back to sleep. I didn't want to deal with Mr McKinley's attitude he could yell at me all he wanted in the morning.

"Don't you go back to sleep again Ms Suren. I don't care how drunk you are..." my brain blocked Mr McKinley words since I was slipping into unconsciousness. Soon enough the words that I heard from Mr McKinley stopped. I hoped he took the hint and just decided to yell at me in the morning.

And soon I floated into a dreamlike state where I didn't have to worry about whether or not I would still have my job in the morning.