Chapter Fifty Eight

"Do you, Eleanor Ross, take this waffle to be your breakfast? To have and to eat? In breakfast time and brunch?" Fred said as he placed a waffle on a plate for Eleanor one morning.

She laughed and shook her head. "I'm afraid my breakfast heart has been promised to another."

Fred gasped. "But...but who?"

"This scone." Eleanor said holding up the breakfast pastry.

"NOOOOOO!" Fred wailed falling to his knees dramatically.

"What is going on out here!?" George asked walking out of his room to find his brother weeping on the floor.

"I denied Fred's breakfast proposal." Eleanor told him before biting into her scone.

George walked over and stepped over Fred's body collecting the waffle off the plate.

"I do." George said before heading towards the door.

"Where are you going?" Fred said looking up from his dramatic pose.

"Judith and I are going out on a date with Renna and-" he saw Eleanor and Fred's eyes widen.

"And her boyfriend!" he added and saw them sigh in relief.

"I was going to say George!" Fred said.

"Renna has a boyfriend? Aww, who is it?"

"Well, you guys don't know him too well, but Judith's brother Nathaniel."

"What?" Fred snorted in disbelief. "She's really nice and...if I remember Nathaniel correctly, he was a bit of grouch in school."

"Yeah, he was, but I think Renna brings out the best in him. He's getting a lot better. Although, I think it's really weird for Judith, considering her best friend is dating her brother."

Fred and Eleanor stared at him.

"It's not weird for me! This situation is different!" he told them. "I'm leaving!"

" Adiós Jorge!" Eleanor called after him.

"It's Georgia! I mean, George! It's George!"

The door to the flat closed over as George apparated on the other side leaving Fred and Eleanor alone for the day.

The shop was closed that day preparing for one of the upcoming holiday sales as the Christmas season was nearing.

"He took my waffle." Fred after a few moments of silence passing between them.

Eleanor glanced up at him.

"Say yes to the scone?" she said offering up half to him. He leaned over and took a bite.

"Oh wow, that was way better than a waffle." he said before sitting down beside her.

She broke her half in half and offered him the piece which he gladly took to munch on.

"So do we have everything planned out that we need to for the wedding?" he asked.

"I certainly hope so." Eleanor sighed. "I do not want to plan anything ever again after this. Well, at least not this extensive. I don't want to discuss color schemes, napkins, floral arraignments, dresses...none of that."

"You know you didn't have to do that all..just because my mother wanted to do that stuff along with Fleur..."

"I know I didn't have to and while I didn't want to, at the same time I did want to do it."

"I'm confused." Fred said resting his chin on the table.

"I meant that I didn't want to plan this stuff really, but for your mother's sake I wanted to. You should see how excited she gets whenever any of the wedding discussion comes up."

"I have seen how excited she gets, I've heard it too." Fred mused.

Eleanor smiled at him. " I guess I just like that part of it because...well..I'm not going to be able to experience that part with my mother." she looked down to her hands that settled on the table. " I'm just glad that Molly is there."

Fred reached over and took one of her hands in his and brought towards his lips for a gentle kiss. " I understand, love. I'm glad you two get along so well."

"Me too. I'm not sure what would have happened if I was in Fleur's position like how it was when they first met her."

"Well, you and Fleur are two very different people. Trust me on that. Thank Merlin."

"Fleur's not as bad as everyone thought. I mean, she's blunt and very direct about what she's feeling. That might the way of the French, I wouldn't really know. But she means well, and she cares about Bill, so that's what really matters right? Besides I think it's hilarious when she rambles in French. She faster than a Firebolt that one..."

Fred grinned at her. "Look at you, making broomstick references.."

"I know," Eleanor said pushing herself up from the table. "I've been hanging around you too long."

"It sounded like you were saying at as a bad thing." he said turning his chair while she headed towards the bedroom.

"Oh no, I would never say anything to insult you, Lord Fred."

"Alright, now you're just asking for it!" Fred said hopping up from his chair and chasing after her.